Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,115 Posts
I would have to say my Sako M39 is my favorite. I have a 1912 Westinghouse M91, but I have never fired it in the 12 years that I've had it. My 1914 Remington does really well, considering the arshin-marked rear sight. My Russian and Polish M44's shoot about the same, though the Russian is a tad bit more accurate. My Sako will hit whatever I see with boring regularity. I shot it a few months ago with some API ammo at a gong at 200 yards- talk about a light show!!
Some MN's are better than others, but all are well worth the money.

· Registered
2,115 Posts
VZ,
I have got to hook you up with my brother-in-law. He's got a M91 (Westinghouse 1909) that has the same cross on his stock. The barrel doesn't have the surface rust, but the bayo does. Best we could tell, his served in the Russo-Finnish War. The serial number tracking is VERY difficult, as most of the weapons were dropped by the original "owner", and picked up by another soldier. The rifle was bought back in 1961, during an influx of the Mosin-Nagants. The original receipt said it was bought at a Walgreen's Drug Store. His uncle had bought 4 of them at $9 a piece! His uncle died many years ago, but left this one to my brother-in-law. He's only shot it once in 12 years. He covered the rifle and bayonet in grease to keep it from rusting any more until he could find out what the deal with the cross was. I don't have a scanner, but I'm going to try to get some pics of it online soon.
Keep us informed if you can find any info on yours......

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.