close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite Past time - FISHING

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SPOCAHP ANAR, Jul 8, 2002.

1. SPOCAHP ANAR

SPOCAHP ANAR G&G Enthusiast

Nothing like going to the lake and not having to yell at the kids, worry about the bills or work stress or putting up with the wife; getting sunburnt, eaten alive by mosqitoes, hanging out with the guys. Oh and it gets really good if you actually catch something!

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Yes sir, late night catfishing , campground , popup trailer , cold Bud Light...priceless!

3. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

used to

throw a handfull of canned corn into the St. Joseph river and sit with my uncle until we could hook the biggest, ugliest carp on earth.

4. NRAJOE

Dude, I hate carp, used to acidentally catch them and the black people would run up and ask for them before we threw them back. They smoke that nasty a s s fish and eat it! :throwup:

5. Recipe for carp--Take one full size carp and nail it to a 2 by 6 piece of oak for flavor. Bake at 350 in oven for one hour. Remove carp and toss in garbage and eat the 2 by 6.
    Man that excites my taste buds.

6. NRAJOE

Ha ha ha, your the trip now Alan!

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I catch more Sea Robins than anything else...stupid sea robins

8. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Don't get me started on fishing. I love it almost as much as shooting and hunting! We already have a bunch for several good fry's this season. Love to run the trot line all night while camping.

9. I happen to love deep fried, breaded catfish.

As far as carp goes it isn't any nastier than a catfish. Both are bottom feeders...both have the same diet. Both have more bones than God intended them to have.

But, for some reason (as with others) I don't have any inkling to eat one.

10. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Did you ever try jugging? I've done that on the Mississippi. Keeps you busy rounding up the cans but it's lots of fun.

I've caught carp out of the dam spillway with corn, too. The orientals fishing nearby wanted all I caught. There's some people who have mastered the art of frying carp I've been told. For me, I'll catch them for the fun of it only.

Oxford:nod:

11. Chris

Chris Administrator Staff Member

To me Sea Fishing is some of the best stuff to do. I once took some googles and stuck my head under the current....well I will not be stepping into the water again, there is a lot of sea life there, even so close to the shore...I think they were Manta Rays...

12. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Gotta love those tourists! Back in my USAF days, I'd go to Panama City Beach and watch 'em fish for sand sharks from one of the piers - just out from where the other tourists were swimming. This one young feller climbed down onto an inner tube, with bloody bait on a shark hook resting in his lap, and proceeded to paddle further out, then toss the baited hook into the water. Then he paddles back to the pier. He caught a nice four footer, as I recall. Gotta love them tourists, occasionally the shark wins. :D

13. FLY ROD

I WOULD TAKE MY FLY ROD WHEN I WENT TO TYNDALL TO FIRE AT THE RYAN FIREBYS IN F-89JS. WOULD GO TO THE BEACH IN THE WINTER TO SWIM AND FISH. THE WATER WAS WARMER IN THE WINTER THAN THE COAST OF MAINE IN THE SUMMER. WOULD GET SHRIMP FROM THE O CLUB AND FISH FOR SEA TROUT. WOULD CATCH A SAND SHARK ONCE IN A WHILE. QUITE A HAUL ON A FLY ROD.

DANA

14. Pumpkinheaver

Pumpkinheaver G&G Evangelist

I love to fish the smaller Ozark streams here in Mo. to get away from the fishing pressure. There are some sizable smallmouths in those underutilized resources, I hope they stay underutilized!

15. Sittin in my little 12 foot aluminum boat at night fishing for catfish. Dead quiet, cool at night and very few people on the lake. Its a blast to hook a big one in the dark.

16. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    rtlesnkesbite,
    we caught some pretty nice channel cat at Parker Canyon lake in AZ. Real good bass fishing and Crappie at Roosevelt, & some decent trout at Riggs lake, Mt Graham. Most people don't know AZ has the highest boat ownership per capita in the US at least in the mid 90's they did.

17. Jerry... Parker Canyon is my favorite lake around here. I try to go during the weekdays when there arent many people. I just love that place at night.