close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Favorite spirits...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by NRAJOE, Jul 8, 2002.

1. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

No I'm not asking if you like Casper over Slimer, whats your favorite mans drink after a hard day of fishing or hunting (wish everyday was that hard) after the guns are put away and the car keys are locked up. Mines Jim Beam Black with coca-cola and a Bud Light or two.

2. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

no spirits

But I really enjoy a small batch brewed creme soda with lots of ice. Thomas Kemper makes a good one.

3. Joe this doesn't have much to do with your question, but the beer reminded me of this. I went outside this morning at 9:30 to work on my wife's car. Thirty minutes later I was drenched with sweat--you got to love this tropical weather in Texas. This is the closest thing to real heat that you are going experience. Dry heat is one thing, but with the humidity--well back to my story. I have a small ice box in the garage for can drinks and beer--well there was one can left--you guessed it beer. Remember the time--I know it's early, but my day off. Decided to take a shower and get a haircut--crewcut. Now I feel much better. My wife doesn't care for the hair look, but I do this during the summer time only.

4. NRAJOE

Never heard of it but if thats your preference,so be it.They used to make a good creme soda locally called Mohr Brothers,used to suck that stuff up when i was a kid. Plus you could collect the bottles and get money for them because they needed them.

5. NRAJOE

Hah, I was close to getting a flattop today because of the high humidity we've been getting around here. Wife looked at me like i lost my mind. She already thinks i'm nuts because i'm growing my huntin' beard already.

6. Like I told my wife--it will grow back out. I dont hunt anymore, but I let the face hair grow every once in a while.

7. NRAJOE

This has strayed off my second favorite past time (drinkin') but how come ya don't hunt anymore Alan?

8. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Mezcal...with the cruchy little beatle larvae they call a worm. Chased down with Rolling Rock

9. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Well, I do not drink much, but like Long Island Iced Teas, Greyhounds, and good beer. BTW, I am allergic to something in whisky. It is not the alcohol; I can drink rum, vodka, tequila, etc.. It is not psychological either, one time I got sick from eating a piece of fruitcake that had whisky in it. I tasted a little bit of alcohol, but thought it was from rum.

10. NRAJOE

You go Logans dad,there is a party animal waiting to get out of you! Had that stuff too,made me wanta puke,and with a Rolling Rock? I bow to you sir!

11. NRAJOE--I have spent the first twenty years of my life hunting and fishing with my dad. Havelina at Aransas Pass, mule deer in Chamma New Mexico, turkey in Kerrville Texas, bear hunting in New Mexico, fishing for bass and speckled trout in Texas. My dad was a hardcore outdoor's man. I don't know--guess I just got burned out. Dad bought me a Rem. 7 mm mag for christmas one year--that was his favorite caliber. Well anyway he passed away twelve years ago and I traded the rifle for my first assault rifle. And that has been my passion ever since. Never cared for venison or wild turkey anyway. I forgot to mention quail hunting in N.M.--I grew up there. Now that was good eating.
    Sorry to get off of the subject--# 1 past time.
    P.S. my dad loved to call in yotes and bobcats. Now that brings back exciting memories.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2002
  12. NRAJOE

Thats weird Klaus, never heard of something like that. At least you can cut loose once in awhile with something else.

13. NRAJOE

Wow Alan, I could not even imagine getting burnt out on hunts like that.

14. I just want to stress to all the dads--take your kids hunting and fishing and teach them all about the outdoors. They will appreciate it-- as I do.
    Thanks dad.

15. NRAJOE

I'm sure you tell him everyday.

16. Klaus,

Ironically I know of someone who is allergic to whiskey also but in his case it's the rye in rye whiskey.

I have to agree with you Lenny, here's to a Handcrafted Thomas Kemper Black Cherry soda on a hot day and my Anheiser Busch Natural Light in the evenings....yepper.

17. NRAJOE I guess what I was trying to say is my dad had unlimited patience when it came to fishing and hunting. I loved the thrill of the hunt, but just couldn't keep up with his enthusiasm.

18. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

My son's rifle awaits...It'll be awhile though... he's only two....I've been known to drink wine, I'm deliberately not learning anything about wine...I do think it is the ONLY good thing to come out of California

19. nothing beats a cold German Dunkel wheat beer, i'm not the biggest fan of beers but the Germans can make a **** fine beer!
    -Jesse

20. Oxford

Oxford G&G Evangelist

Give me a scotch and water but Bud Lite's my favorite beer. However, since I'm trying to lose 25-30 pounds I've stopped drinking. So far I've lost 14 pounds laying off liquor, burgers and fries. Something had to change cause my heart was beating too fast.