Favorite

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SwedeSteve, May 26, 2008.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Which of your Mosins is your favorite, and why?

2. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

I will break this down to three catagories, my favorite, the one I am proudest of, and the one I am most excited about at the moment.

Favorite: 1944 Izzy 91/30, the darn thing will put three shots touching at 25 meters. Not even my B barrel M39 has done that so far.

Proudest of owning: Sako, B barrel M39 pristine. It's just purty!

Most excited about at the moment: Two fall in this catagory right now. Tikka M91, and M44 manufacturered in 1943! Both recent finds for great prices!

3. SwedeSteve

Cheater, cheater! Pumpkin eater!

4. texnmidwest

Higher level of sophistication.:22: Altered rules to make it more...uh... intellectual.:fest30: Pinkies to be extended don't you know, my good man.

5. SwedeSteve

You call yours Pinky ? ROFL !!

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

My favorite is my little Russian Blonde, the M44 Carbine. Just plain fun to shoot, and shoots a very good group!
    My M39 Finn is the prettiest ovarall, but she has a bad bore and demands 204 grain bullets to shoot at all reasonable. She's the "Prom Queen that likes bonbons"!
    My proudest to own is my old 1917-dated Sexty M91 - the Long Tom! That old boy puts them into the bullseye pretty well too.

7. SwedeSteve

See what you started Pinky !!

8. texnmidwest

:sad6: But, I can not help the fact that when people are presented with higher intellectual conversations they can not help but pursue the stimulating conversational dialog.

9. SwedeSteve

So you're saying calling your pud "Pinky" is higher intellectual conversation?

10. Dang Tex you is one right fart smeller...(specially when yor hangin with the Swede guy). I mean smarts feller.

I love em all. But the one I am most proud of is my 91 Chatterault.
    The favorite is the 91/30 sniper Finn/Nazi.

11. Favorite Is my 91/30 sniper repro. why? because it gets nice tiny groups.

12. bigbuddy21

bigbuddy21 G&G Enthusiast

my favorite is the one that i'm shooting at the moment.

13. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

My M44 because I hits what I aims it at!

14. texnmidwest

No I call my pinky, Pud!

15. I only have two - a M44 and a M91/30. Nothing special. I like the 91/30 (Ksana) a bit more as she doesn't hurt my neck as much as Ksandra (M44). A herniated disc does this to you.

16. squirrelblaster

squirrelblaster G&G Enthusiast Forum Contributor

my m38 is without a dout my favorite mosin! its a tackdriver, it seems to just aim itself. its rough its tough and breaths fire!

17. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

ALL 12 of mine are my Favorites...
    ( i'm not getting one of them mad at me ! ) LOL
    Rich

18. tnjeff

tnjeff G&G Newbie

Though I haven't shot it yet, I think the M44 will be my favorite. It's short and handy. With the bayo extended it feels pretty good. So I guess my favorite Mosin is my newest one.

19. When I buy one it will be an M-44 with laminate stock. The reason I chose this one is because it's cute !!! LMAO !

20. The SA 91. Because it's more accurate than my vision can take advantage of, being 102 years old makes it awesome (more of a history than say a 44 that was used for a couple years and put away), and it isn't unpleasant to shoot like my 44 (the 44 was my first gun, but it just loses this hands down). Also 91s aren't too common.