close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Feather Industries AT-9

Discussion in 'Pistol Carbines' started by SpaceBinks, Dec 19, 2012.

1. SpaceBinks

SpaceBinks G&G Newbie

I saw this very interesting carbine today in a video. Does anyone know anything about these carbines? Are they good quality and how is the cost? I couldn't find anything about them really. Are they very rare and or new?

2. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

I looked them up online. As you say, they look like they were designed to be a survival gun that can be partly disassembled and carried in a backpack Rather neat guns, by the look at them. I've never seen a review on one. Has anyone else, or better yet, fired one? The 2010 prices look to be in the $800 range with some accessories and the pack they break down into.

3. SpaceBinks

SpaceBinks G&G Newbie

I looked it up too, but found basically nothing.

4. MoDoc

MoDoc G&G Addict

Bless you & dang you, SpaceBinks!!! I had looked at one of these at a gun show in the Kansas City area about 16 years ago, didn't buy it, but kept thinking about it. Returned to the show the next day & it was gone. Hadn't seen one since, and have never been able to even look it up online, since I had forgotten who made it. I think I'm over it now, but it was very nice to actually see it again & know what it was. I think the Kel-Tec Sub2000 fills the niche that AT-9 would have occupied for me.

5. Rave

Rave G&G Evangelist

Both I and my brother owned two.
    I consider them to be fragile and over priced,both of mine kept blowing the extractors out while shooting,if you can find the extractor and the spring they are not hard to reassemble.The commercials for them claim to have fixed that problem.
    There are much better carbines on the market for less.
    Just my opinion,of course. :yup:

6. hfreyer

hfreyer G&G Regular Forum Contributor

Feather Industries

I am not a fan of Feather Industries. I have a Feather AT22 in need of parts and have been unable to get the necessary parts to fix the gun. I have had no luck with the company. They say that they will not be getting the parts I need (a new barrel). If I could find out who made their barrels I might be able to get one, but they have not been forthcoming as to who made their barrels. They still list a 22 rifle but will not sell a barrel.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted