Fedex Tracking Issues?

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by BigEd63, Sep 24, 2020.

1. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    Anyone else have problems tracking a package with FedEx yesterday or today?
    Got a signature required package coming today. Which kind of sounds early.
    But I can't find out where it's at!
    Personally I'd rather be up at the range siting in the BUIS sights in my new rifle build than staying home waiting.
    Although I got other gun projects I'm tinkering with right now.
    But dang it it's a nice day and I'd rather be a shootin' stuff!:D

ChaZam likes this.
  2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I'm no help Ed. I don't currently have anything coming via FedEx.

3. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    Right now I'm alternating between checking the 7.62NATO brass in the polisher, fitting a steel sight to an aluminum .22 conversion kit slid real bugbear to do as this alloy advantage arms uses has zero give to it.
    And sitting here waiting.

4. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

FedEx estimates where a package "should be" for most of their tracking. The only official parts of FedEx tracking are the tracking updates that specifically say they were scanned.

shanebrews likes this.
  5. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    That's what's screwy with this.
    No package is gonna come from Prescott AZ to NW Arkansas and not be scanned by a FedEx facility in between. Unless maybe it's flying from there to what we locals refer to as the Walmart International Airport up near Highful AR. Aka XNA.

6. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

You would be surprised. A lot of FedEx packages are actually shipped using USPS assets and facilities, and vice versa through a program called the ACN.
    If it actually goes FedEx the whole trip it MIGHT be scanned, if the USPS does the transport they do not scan.
    The reason I say "might" is because even that depends on whether the FedEx driver is corporate or a franchisee.
    Franchise drivers are required to scan or they become financially responsible for the parcel. Corporate might relay entire trailers from one driver to another unopened and unscanned.

7. BigEd63

BigEd63 G&G Evangelist

Arkansas
    Yeah I might have hit a series of package relays like that.
    All I know is yesterday I get an alert text about it being signature required yesterday at 2pm and on FedEx site it's supposed to be here today. Time wise here they are a lot like my rural mail.
    10:30AMish up to 6PM or so.
    I still can't believe it is coming today but that's what they say on the FedEx website. The AfterShip site says 5 days which is tomorrow!
    So who knows.:eek::confused::rolleyes::p

PaleHawkDown likes this.