Feed issue with my M1911

Discussion in 'Swiss Rifles' started by Buddymack, Oct 11, 2010.

1. I took my M1911 out for a spin this weekend, it shoots nice except one annoying thing it doesn't cycle smoothly, every time I would cycle the round the round kinda catches a little and I have to rock the bolt a little to get the round in battery to chamber.
    Not sure if anyone else has one of these or not, but I would like some input on how to smooth this out so it cycles like my K31's.
    any thoughts?

2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

BuddyMack is referring to a M1911 Swiss rifle I think, not a 1911 pistol.

3. Yeah I have two M1911 sporters, one in 308 win and the other is 7.5x55 swiss, I was feeding it GP11 surplus .
    I was thinking due to age to suspect the mag spring, not an easy find I am sure, but you never know out there, that is were I wish it was a M1911 45 ACP mag springs and just about anything I could think of is in the after market.

4. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Buddy, I do have a K11 magazine if that is something that would be of any use to you. The 'Budda'd K11' that I have is something other than a K11 as I found out when I ordered and received the K11 magazine that is completely different than what is on this other rifle. Haven't had time to get into researching what its origins might really be.

Later,
    Rex

5. kansascoyote

kansascoyote G&G Newbie

Victim of the recent discussions ribbon ! I just deleted the post since it was not relivent .

6. No worries! you at least tried to help me out with the problem, I just wish I had a safe dry place to test this.
    Guess I will have some dummies made from my GP11 brass.