FEG GKK 45 (also known as ACK 45)

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by yodar, Jun 13, 2002.

1. yodar

yodar Guest

Previous post I mentioned this gun's penchant for trhowing front sights. Importer replaces 1st sight in 1 week, no charge, sent me a spare with mounting clip.

It didnt even l;ast 50 rounds. Gunsmith mounted it with Locktite Red. It lasted 80 rounds,javascript:smilie(':mad:')
    mad

NEW gunsmith is silver soldering it..pick it up saturday. Pray for success, it's a da**d accurate gun.

2. MSW

MSW Guest

Yodar,

Did you have better luck with the latest fix for your sight.

MSW

Last edited: Aug 9, 2002

3. yodar

yodar Guest

Hooray! It has survived a hundred rounds of continuous shoooting---Silver solder, applied by a skilled gunsmith indeed is what was needed. It's a shame the cheapeskates at FEG had to do it "quick and dirty"

A sight clip! Indeed! harumph!

The dealer stayed with me TO ENSURE I KNEW HE WANTED MY SATISFACTION but I wannted to keep a 45 that groups all 8 rounds in a 2" group from a rest at 15 yards...

The price of the gun has gone up $50..00 since I bought it and I hope that is a cost for silver soldering the sights on to all guns he sells...It SHOULD be.

4. MSW

MSW Guest

Yodar,

I just picked up a slide and barrel marked ACK 45 and discovered that it's about an inch shorter than the GKK slide and barrel. I guess the ACK is the compact version of this gun, just like the P9RK is the compact version for the P9 and P9R. The ACK slide and barrel fits my GKK frame just fine. Now I have two guns in one.

MSW

Last edited: Jul 8, 2002
  5. yodar

yodar Guest

ACK VS GKK

THAT explains the naming difference between website illustraed guns and what I have doh!

When you get a chance it would be interested in seeing the accuracy differences between these two

Thanks!

6. tasander

tasander Guest

Manual for FEG ACK45

Does anyone have a manual for either the FEG ACK45 or the GKK 45. I'm willing to pay for copying it.

7. jrh55

jrh55 G&G Regular

mine has fixed front sight made on the slide , does not move , slide is marked GKK 45 and it is the compact version . Manuals should be available thru KBI inc as well as parts give them a call to confirm this best of luck jrh55