Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm new to the forums so hopefully I went about making this post correctly

I recently got a new to me FEG GKK 45 and I haven't been able to find much about them outside of these forums and a few others
anyway I'm having an extraction issue when shooting the pistol ( runs rounds and snap caps perfectly by hand )

The spent case gets left in the chamber and the next live round shoved into the back of it

all ammo used has been brass cased ~230 grn ball ammo

· Registered
4,263 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Kinda hard to tell without hands on. But hopefully we can give you a start in the right direction.

So....letts start with a good old cleaning and visual inspection.
Check the extractor for chips on the end that grabs the shell.
If that is OK then put a spent shell under the extractor and turn the gun sideways, with the slide locked back.
If the shell falls out then it is a possible issue with spring tension.

Check the extractor to see if it moves smoothly, could just be some old grease or dirt that got into the works a bit of cleaning can fix that.

If that does not do it check the chamber, it could have some carbon build up right at the edge where the chamber ends and the barrel starts.
A good scrubbing with a brass or copper brush and some good cleaner will fix that.
Visually inspect, tear down and clean the Magazine. On some occasions the magazine can cause this issue.
If none of these are the issue then try to get a few rounds of some other ammo, could be the sizing or length of your ammo is just not jiving with your gun
If it is still not resolved see if you can get a hold of another Magazine to try.

Beyond that everything else pretty much takes a Smith or a whole bunch of trial and error to figure out.

· Registered
26,919 Posts
I notice you say it's "a new to you Feg pistol". If you got it from a dealer and this problem was present when you first tested it, I would contact the dealer. Many reputable dealers would have their gunsmith address problems like this. If you got it from an individual it will likely be a problem that you're going to have to sort out on your own at your expense.
We do have an introduction forum here on G&G so you might also stop by there and make a post introducing yourself to the membership.
Below is a link for it...

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the advice, I have the pistol apart right now

To start off this malfunction does happens with both factory mags although I am looking into getting other mags for it

I do have parts ordered for it (extractor plus spring and pin, ejector) although with the current shipping status who know when they will arrive

Apon close inspection the extractor looks fine no chips or dents but I did just notice that the extractor seems to "float" and it appears like the pin is not fully seated or broken
this is allowing the extractor to have considerable movement in all direction when force is applied but still appear to be in the proper location when just under spring pressure

this is my leading suspect for my malfunctions as of right now, I don't know how I missed it previously

there also seem to be small brass flakes/pellets on the inside of the slide around the chamber/breach

And yes it is new to me, handed down from my grandfather. He bought it new some years ago and only ran a few mags through it and faced the same issues except he left it to sleep in the safe

Thank you all for the help and suggestions

· Registered
MSR Shooter and Builder, Precision Bolt Action Rim & Center Fire enthusiast. Glock & 1911 pistoleer
8,516 Posts
I'd put my money on a broken extractor pivot pin going by the described play in it.
Sometimes they'll crack in a manner allowing the extractor not to come completely loose but cause troubles like you experienced.

Good luck with it and hope it runs fine with the new parts.

· Registered
4,263 Posts
I am currently looking to find one of my punches small enough to get the extractor pin and will post an update when i finally get the parts in if they fix the problem

Thank you
WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF AFTER ALL THEM YEARS AS A SAFE QUEEN AN EXTRACTOR PIN IS ALL IT NEEDS?
Sometimes it pays just to do a real good cleaning and inspection. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i just tapped out the extractor pin and sure enough it came out in two pieces, with the punch in (exact fit for pin hole) the extractor has zero play and holds onto the rim a spent case like a dream

thank you all for the advice especially Moroco

now i just have to wait for my parts and see how good she runs
WOULDN'T IT BE GREAT IF AFTER ALL THEM YEARS AS A SAFE QUEEN AN EXTRACTOR PIN IS ALL IT NEEDS?
Sometimes it pays just to do a real good cleaning and inspection. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.