Feg p9r

Discussion in 'FEG' started by FS00008, Sep 23, 2010.

1. FS00008

FS00008 Сергей Иванович Мосин. Forum Contributor

So I have an FEG P9R imported by KBI. It seems almost identical to an S&W Model 59 on the inside. Can I use S&W 59 mags if I were to dremel a mag catch hole on the right side for the FEG? The S&W mag catch hole is on the opposite side.

2. 338RUM

338RUM G&G Evangelist

Worse it is gonna do is FTF so give it a go and tell us how it works!

3. FS00008

Just tried it, it cycles fine with snap caps and fits in there just fine. So if y'all have an FEG P9R, the one that looks like a BHP but is an S&W Model 59 on the inside, you can get some mags that don't cost an arm and a leg by buying S&W mags and dremeling a mag catch hole on the opposite side from teh stock. The best part is, if you have an S&W 59 like I do, you can use the original FEG mags in it too if you do the opposite :-D. Just doubled the number of available mags for each gun :-D

4. rksap

rksap G&G Regular

I already have 5 P9R mags, so I think I'll leave everything intact, but for those who can't find an original magazine, this sounds like a decent idea.

5. FS00008

Well, went to the range today. Cycled fine and worked just like an OEM FEG mag. No issues. So yea, valid way to go if you can't afford/can't find an FEG mag.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2010
  6. Don357

Don357 G&G Evangelist

I just wish 1911 mags would work in my GKK (ACK), the .45acp version of your P9R. Of course I haven't tried the S&W .45 mags though... interesting!

7. FS00008

Worth a try. I had the opportunity to pick up one of those, went with the Cobra Patriot instead (which was $200 less and where 1911 mags do work). It doesn't like JHPs, but a 230 gr. roundball would work just fine ;-)