Gun and Game Forum banner

Ffl

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  neophyte 
#1 ·
hey guys i was just curious how difficult it is to get an FFL, id like to start using gun broker but i dont have an FFL yet, anyone that has one that could give me just a bit of info would be greatly appreciated

#4 ·
I'ver had a class 01 FFL for several years now. Many people will tell you that you cannot get one unless you have a brick and morter store, and that is not true.
the requirement is: You must be in BUSINESS to make a profit.

This means you must buy and sell as a business, not as a collector.
You must maintain your weapons in a secure safe.
You will have to keep detailed records is a bound book on each purchase, sale or transfer.
you must meet ALL state, county and city laws including zoning laws.
this means you will need a state sales tax license, and IRS number, and pay monthly sale taxes to state, county and city. you also must have a city business license and meet zoning laws. In many cases you cannot run a business out of your house, and if your city has that rule you cannot get an ffl. But if you can license your business as a mail order business, then you may be able to meet the zoning laws or get a waiver (that is what I did)
also remember you will need to carry insurence on your weapons and keep very detailed records. the ATF can also ask for an inspection at any time, and if your records do not match your sales you can be fined or arrested.
Also if you want to go class 3, you will be paying $500 minimum a year for your license and have even more paperwork to deal with.

#5 ·
Get two Copies

CAV88: Sir, you will find ''Purchase Here'' the government forums. with how too's n such

The exact same, is free from Government. Read carefully, order two copies; one to ''screw up'' on:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.