Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was procrastinating the other day, and decided to field strip my SKS just for the heck of it(it's soothing:)). After breaking it down I realized that it could be done rather quickly, so I put it back together and tried it as fast as I could. First try I got it in right under a minute. I tried a few more times and after several 40-45 second times, I got in a one 35 second run. Since, I've done it two more times in 35 seconds and I'm just wondering if anyone else had tried it, or if I'm just an oddball:Eyecrazy:. lol
So, how quickly can y'all field strip your SKS and then put it back together?

·
Registered
8,754 Posts
Try it blindfolded, one handed.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Blindfolded and with one hand...seems possible, but that would take an insane amount of practice...

Well needless to say, I HAD to try it with my eyes closed once the idea entered my head. I did it three times. First was 1 minute 9 seconds. Second try was right at 1 minute. Third try was 51 seconds.

·
Registered
38 Posts
lol, I havent tried it yet but damn sure been thinking about it. Thought it was bad that I had memorized her serial after only a week. Shoot it took me a good 6 months to memorize my 357's number. Bet I have the cleanest SKS in Lee County. Your not alone bro.:burnout:

·
Registered
412 Posts
WOW, eyes closed, stripped and reassembled in under a minute! I am officially impressed jmp! Now if we could just get this into the olympics as an official event...

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
lol keep in mind this doesn't include removing the stock. Just the bolt cover, bolt carrier, bolt, gas tube, and both gas pistons. I can't really take the stock off very fast because with the tapco stock you have to remove the pistol grip first.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
While in the military we use to have to diassemble and reassemble our firearms blindfolded. Not too hard on a M-16 but quite a bit harder on a M-60.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've seen an AR-15 disassembled on youtube and while it is more complicated than a SKS, it doesn't look too bad. And I'll just take your word on the M-60. I've never seen one taken apart. Probably be pretty fun though!

·
Premium Member
30,695 Posts
45 minutes

i lost my thumbs in a bizzare semi truck, armadillo, bbq, lawnmower accident as a child.

·
Registered
6,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now I want to put the other stock on my SKS just to see how quickly I can completely disassemble it and put it back together...lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts