Gun and Game Forum banner

Figuring out gun model

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  tnmedic 
#1 ·
Hi y’all,

I have an old single barrel 12ga breakaction that was passed down to me and I’m trying to figure out the model so I can get a new forend for it but haven’t had much luck. I’m attaching a pic of the stamp so maybe someone recognizes it or has better luck than me.
Brown Wood Font Tints and shades Wood stain
Brown Wood Font Tints and shades Wood stain

See less See more
#8 ·
I can guess why your missing the forend.
Most likely remove the wood so shotgun could fit in smaller space for transport or storage, the forend was soon misplaced and lost.
Now you have a shotgun that when opened has a tendency to want to fall appart when opened.

You can check gun parts sights but that might take years or never.
Can you post a photo of botton where its fastened to the action?
With some measurements we might find out if its close copy of an H&R aka.
Harrington & Richardson.
Or the NEF aka. New England Firearms.

The bottom photo is of a Brazilian SB-1 singleshot that uses a snap mechanism to retain the barrel.
O

Attachments

#11 ·
i knew it was right around 90, just couldn't peg the start exactly going from memory.

my SXS is getting a bit beat up, but i guess riding muzzle down on a 4 wheeler will do that.
funny thing is even with a rack on the handle bars i still prefer to carry it by my left leg, muzzle down, shells in the chambers but not cocked.
probably had the barrels a few inches full of water a dozen times, but i never get any mud in there.

Reactions: neophyte
#13 ·
The Chinese cloned dozens of US Guns and their military arms factory, Norinco made them cheap and sold them cheap. Some were excellent. The 1911 for example is still highly sought after. I even have a 3 x9 x50 scope still in use on an old rifle. The last products were banned from import in 1994.Some in the pipeline came in a little later. I still have sample of their 9mm 7.62..39 ammo. It was great and cheap, about 7 cents back then. Their last AK was the Mak 90. They were sold in the US for under $250 in 1993-94. My buddy and I bought them. Except for the thumbhole stock they were great quality, kind of a cult gun now.

Reactions: neophyte
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.