Finally Arrived!

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by SwedeSteve, May 9, 2008.

1. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

Just before I left to link up with Moosemus Stinkamus, the Mail Man delivered me one prime M91/59! She got all matching, sweet barrel, but counterbored, and a real pretty stock with 7-8 cartouches showing! I haven't even held her much yet! Too many irons in the fire, and the Chief of Smoke is home until 2000hrs! I told Moose, I giggled. I had to make another stop after we met so didn't bring it to show. Besides, he had a nice buy x2 to show. Will post pics tomorrow! Oh, and for those of you that are all set to blast me on the "I'm done with Mosins except a M28", I ordered this BEFORE I said that! Kiss my grits!

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  2. Congrats on the new addition swede. Look forward to the pictures.

Did you happen to take any others today?

3. texnmidwest

texnmidwest Sir Loin of Beef Forum Contributor

Swedius Attitudimus! Congrats on the purchase! Don't worry about the resolutions...that is the problem with mosinitis....we can't stop ourselves!:09::09:

4. 91/59 is some kind of Mauser right? How much where did you get it. Why didnt you get me one too? Where is the pics? Hey congrats. Now Im green with envy. :rant::rant:

5. You are one lucky dude. A 91/59... how can you keep from, well you know...Hope you are enjoying those 20 hours of daylight.

6. SwedeSteve

Thanks all! Finally got to sit down and really go over this rifle. It is one cool girl. I had just gotten over playing with my M38. Now I have a new one to start all over again. Will post pics when I get some daylight.

7. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

Glad you finally got one SS!

I love "Svetlana" and "Ivanova", they're both numbers-matching, non-counterbored. Ivanova has the heaviest trigger I've felt on a mosin, but Svetlana's trigger pull is the lightest and crispest; sooo smooth.

What I love about these mosins is it's like having a bull-barreled m38!

8. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Never should of sold mine...it was very cool...oh well...got enough Mosins as is....

9. NO NO NO!!!! Not true! You can never have too man Mosins!
    Wifes/girlfriends may disagree though.
    My wife told me 2 was enough. I didn't argue for obvious reasons - I didn't want to lose.

10. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Yep...SwedeeStevee wouldn't bring it to show me...I think he was afraid I would Armwrestle it from him and outrun him back home !!!LOL
    Rich

11. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

Here are my 2 new pieces...
    No 1. An M38 Mosin in the correct stock 1942 model...
    MVC-009S.JPG

MVC-010S.JPG

MVC-011S.JPG
    And my New High Point JHP .45....

MVC-012S.JPG

MVC-013S.JPG

Rich

12. That is one gorgeous redhead. And one ugly no yuogggly handgun. No ofense meant but now I see what they mean about highpoints. But hey if it shoots well thats all that matters.

13. Nice 38 Rich. Love that original pre 43 stock.:09:

Yes I am a little envious.

14. texnmidwest

Very nice there Rich! Glad you finally picked one up. I don't feel so bad about wanting to buy one I found locally.

15. Mooseman684

Mooseman684 G&G Newbie

See How ya are !!!!....LOL

16. texnmidwest

Well, at least I almost felt bad about it!:09:

17. SwedeSteve

18. texnmidwest

19. bigbuddy21

bigbuddy21 G&G Evangelist

sure you have!

20. Them's fightin' words, mister. Now I got to go take mine out of the safe and calm her down, and explain to her that no one really thinks she's a German just because she's blonde...shame on you.:hitwithrock:

:09::09::09: