close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

finally leaving the PRK!!! / WA gun laws

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by johno, Jun 6, 2002.

1. johno

johno G&G Newbie

I finally got my paperwork straightened out with my reserve unit and got my transfer to active duty. I'll be going to Ft. lewis Washington at the end of July. Is there anyone here that can tell me what the gun laws are like in washington state?
    thanks, Johno

2. Armorer

Armorer Guest

3. Shaun

Shaun G&G Evangelist

they also have a good CCW policy there

4. No machine guns allowed and there is no preemption provision in the state constitution, so municipalities can pass their own laws, IIRC.

5. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

If filing for a CCW, all you gotta put for a reason is "Personal Safety". They can't deny you a CCW unless the NCIC they do on you comes back with a hit, or your on their local roster for ne'er do wells. You can't pack unconcealed unless you are at home, hunting or at a shooting event. You can't keep a loaded gun in your car unless it's on your person and you have a CCW, or it's locked in your glove box or otherwise out of site while you're stationary. An unloaded gun can be transported in a container in the trunk of your car, or in a gun rack if you're driving a truck. The action must be open.

6. johno

johno G&G Newbie

thanks BenP. what about buying them? any waiting period or anything like. guns are politically incorrect here in the PRK, so I want a FAL as soon as i get to WA.

7. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Glad your getting out of Kaliforniacation and hope ya don't ever have to go back!

8. johno

johno G&G Newbie

if they pass that .05 cent tax per bullet i'm not coming back.

9. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

Ah the left coast...I'm glad I haven't seen any of it in my rearview in a long time and never will again..

10. BenP

BenP G&G Newbie

No waiting if ya got a CCW, otherwise, it's seven days for anything but muzzleloaders, bows, or airguns.

CCW costs $60.00 first time, $32.00 for renewal. Good for 5 years. Anyone born before 1972 has to take a hunter safety course or prove that they've had a Washington hunting license before.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2002