Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have only been deer hunting for two years. I have never shot a big buck and was really looking forward to this weekend. I was invited down to a ranch in South Texas for a few days and figured this was my chance for the big one.

The owner likes you to take a doe if you want to go for a big buck so I took care of that first hunt on Thursday night. Saturday morning I was in a blind with a friend when the big one walked in. I shot a little video before deciding this was the deer I was going to shoot. By the time the camera got put down and the rifle got picked up... this is what happened next.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuC9fndzFxc[/ame]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As I told my friend in the blind with me. I will have another chance to shoot a deer like that in my life... I will probably never witness action like that, let alone get it on video.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts
That kind of video should be worth a lot to a deer hunting T.V. show. That's the first I've ever seen where deer are going at it that seriously.

Congratulations on getting that kind of footage.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Man that wore me slam out watching that !!!...Makes you wonder if they can still hum hum when it's over :bigeyes:...A.H

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I thought about selling the footage but youtube has a bunch of these so I'm not sure of the market. After the fight ended I picked up the rifle and got the 11pt back in my sight walking towards me with his tongue hanging out, face all full of slobber. As he turned broadside he bolted after the 8pt and I never saw them again.

·
Registered
158 Posts
That's a memory of a lifetime. My cousin once told a story about 2 huge bucks fighting like that. He just watched in AWE. He said he honestly forgot about shooting until they had walked off. Never could understand why but after watching that video I understand ... can only imagine what it be like in person!!

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
Incredible video clip...felt like I was there watching it myself, even the adrenalin rush! Thanks for sharing this awesome video footage with us. Did you end up getting your buck? My wife and I didn't fill our tags this season. We hope to do better next year.

·
Registered
20,562 Posts
Send BuckMasters a copy or contact them first. They may put it on one of there shows and you might win a prize or something...A.H

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Great vid, but don't you know, we don't have big deer in Tx! That's what all of the gun rags tell me, anyway...:p That was truely impressive, good job!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Never got a buck on that trip. I do not have a regular lease so I rely on invitations and the occasional last minute trip. I do not have any hunts lined up for the rest of the season so I may be done until next year.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts