Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Did have laser to guide me. Was it 100 yards? Don't know - but target was FAR out there. Range put me right up against the wall. Laser kept me from shooting the wall or other lanes. Kept me on paper. I swear - those bullets flew true - I felt virtually NO recoil. Beautiful, Really... AGAIN - thanks to all - you know who you are...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trouble Shooting Faster? Spring Tension issue??

The first 100 rounds had several FTF's - (was playing with different spring tensions) but almost no problems with the second 100rd 9mm mag.

I wound the second mag about 12 times before chambering first round and 'about' 10 more cranks after going about 1/2 way thru.

This worked - but for one small problem...

I found that every time I tried shooting 'double tap' speed - I would get a 'click', or dead trigger.
Never anything a recharge wouldn't fix.

I found myself pausing a few seconds between rounds and then she cycled reliably. My first guess was that I had to give the gun 'more time to cycle' or that I was trying to shoot 'too quickly'.

Now I realize - something else must have caused this strange problem on a gun first crafted for full auto...

Any guess as to what caused this problem shooting faster?

Mag spring tension is my best guess...

EXACTLY how much do you guys wind your 9mm mags?

Any other guesses as to why she fired reliably only when I paused between shots?

(FWIW Everything was NEW clean and oiled)

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Tom

PS I Do NOT want to bump fire my gun or do any illegal modifications.
It occurred to this newbie that Two (2) consecutive rounds fired per trigger pull could be devastatingly effective once you have near perfect shot placement. Any legal / safe / accurate assists with this?

·
Registered
10,895 Posts
Two consecutive rounds fired by one trigger pull makes it an NFA weapon subject to BATF rules and bending over for Bubba if you didn't get a tax stamp first...

There is a slight manufactured hesitation for trigger reset...on purpose.
Don't sweat it, its there for your legal protection.
You will need to take time to find the "happy place" so your double taps will be effective.
Timing is everything :)

If TETOWAKI/Zombies/WW3 occurs, THEN you can modify it, as there won't be much in the way of law enforcement to worry about ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts