close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finally, Weatherby Vanguard .308 Pics

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by CrazyIvan, Apr 2, 2013.

1. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Evangelist

Finally got around to getting these and uploaded. I will be adding a scope, and perhaps a bipod, not sure on that one though. Maybe just for some photos...heh. These have some fingerprints, as I haven't done its initial cleaning yet, but still nice.

This is a new Weatherby Vanguard (Original Vanguard) that had been sitting on the dealer's shelf for years and it finally decided to follow me home for $350. I plan on mounting a Bushnell or Nikon 4-16x scope on it and using it this year for my first year out big game hunting - elk, deer and bear!
    (CLICK PICS FOR LARGER VIEW)

NOTE: For the story leading up to this purchase:
    http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/de...-my-first-year-i-go-hunting-but-what-gun.html
    and
    http://www.gunandgame.com/forums/de...rs-safety-included-pic-live-fire-results.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2013
  2. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

CrazyIvan, you got a great rifle for a great price. I love both of mine (.223 and .300 WSM). If you get a chance, view the Weatherby page on G&G. Just remember, you already have a 7-1/2 rifle and every accessory you add will make it heavier to carry. Not always a bad thing unless you have to lug it around all day. Just something to consider. Lastly, your scope choice sounds like a perfect match.

3. CrazyIvan

CrazyIvan G&G Evangelist

Thanks. Yea, I figure I won't need a bipod to take this gun out hunting anyway. Plenty of fallen trees, stumps, rocks, etc...to rest on for the shot. But, a good bolt-action rifle with a bipod makes for a nice photo. heh. I have one on my Bushmaster Varminter I can use for the photos, so no need to buy anything. :)

4. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I love my Vanguard. (270 Win.) I got it for $350.00 at my local Wally World when they had them clearance priced. It is a darn good piece of equipment.

Congratulations on your Vanguard, and hope you have some success hunting with it..

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted