close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Finding the right revolver

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Cyclops, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

I don't have much in the way of revolvers in my collection. As a matter of fact, there are only 2. Today, tho, I fondled a S&W 627 PC gun. This is the first one to actually call out to me like my semi autos in the safe did.
    Tell me, are these everything as advertised or am I better off getting a 66 or 686 & having trigger work done?

2. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

I had a 686 stainless w/6 inch barrel that had a trigger job, pretty sweet. Its one of those gun I wish I had kept!

3. Cyclops

Cyclops G&G Newbie

NRAJOE - can you say the same about the S&W PC guns? I'm trying to justify the expense.

4. EXPENSE

IF EXPENSE IS DRIVING YOUR CHOICE YOU WILL NEVER BE HAPPY IF IT IS NOT THE GUN YOU REALY WANTED. REMEMBER WHATEVER YOU PAY FOR A LESSER GUN USUALY IF YOU DOUBLED THAT PRICE YOU COULD GET THE ONE YOU REALY WANTED. IT WOULD ONLY BE ONE LESS GUN OVER THE CHEAPER ONE.

DANA

5. NRAJOE

NRAJOE YOU TALKIN' TO ME!? Forum Contributor

Your right Dana. I can't tell you how many guns I settled for, didn't like then sold them. If I had just gone and got what I wanted in the first place it would have saved me alot of time and money. Cyclops, I'm not very familiar with the new Smith pc guns.