Finnish M28 Ski Trooper question.

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by Brent S., Jan 11, 2017 at 12:35 PM.

1. Brent S.

Brent S. G&G Newbie

New to the site, mainly dur to searching for a Finnish M28 rear sight base. I traded a beat up Savage 64 22lr for what I originally thought was a beater project rifle. After noticing a few differences, I found out it was an M28 Ski Trooper (5166) But someone over the years had taken off the rear sight. I have the blade and spring/tensioner, but can't find the proper rear base. Any ideas other than the usual shops that pop up on Google? Like a online shop from Finland?

Attached Files:

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

First I have seen of that twin sling slot style! Must special to the "Ski Trooper" variant? Does it use a special style sight base, instead of the standard style?

3. Rocky7

Rocky7 G&G Evangelist

Alberta
    If you're stuck, Google a couple of Finnish gun shops and call them. Most scandinavians speak English, although sometimes with heavy accent. I did that looking for a sled part a few years back; doesn't cost that much to call them nowadays. You never know, they might have or know someone.

Cyrano likes this.
  4. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

The site is gone, or the whole sight base is gone? I an't tell as I can't see from the tiny little picture and I am too stupid to figure out how to make the picture bigger.

5. Brent S.

Brent S. G&G Newbie

The whole rear sight was gone but I have located the and bought two m28 rear sight blades but I cannot find sight base I'm about to just trade the thing off LOL

6. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

First, check with the fellers over on Tuco's Gunboards - google them. They are major Mosin afficianadoes, and some have Finnish contacts. If the part is available, they will know where.

Brent S. and Cyrano like this.