close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

firefox and this site

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by billy, Dec 12, 2014.

1. i get this whenever i come here with firefox
    not with chrome or IE

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to www.gunandgame.com. The OCSP response is not yet valid (contains a date in the future). (Error code: sec_error_ocsp_future_response)

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

2. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I use Firefox all the time here billy and don't have the problem that you are encountering. I'm not tech savvy enough to steer you towards a solution though ...

cooker300 likes this.

3. TheWall

TheWall Firearm Affectionado Forum Contributor

I use it also with no problems. Try clearing your Cache. I have found that to help with all kinds of issues with websites in the past.

TACAV likes this.
  4. draftingmonkey

draftingmonkey G&G Evangelist

I run Firefox with no issues also. If you are running Windows 7 try running Disk Cleanup. I first do a "Cleanup System Files" and then check all the boxes and let it delete everything. It should clean up cache, browsing history, update files, temp files, etc. I run it once a week and rarely have any problems.

5. writerinmo

writerinmo G&G Evangelist

Firefox here as well, no problems

6. MosinRuger

MosinRuger G&G Evangelist

you know what guys, I must confess, I have been a Firefox only person for years, but lately at work i have been forced to use google crome for some applications and I have actually started using it at home too. so far it seems to work just slightly better than firefox.

7. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    Chrome with Ghostery is the only way I access The Blaze. Otherwise, their ad and tracking software is so out of control it makes it almost impossible to use. I use Internet Explorer for most everything else. I wonder if Ghostery would help with Firefox.

8. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Firefox here as well. No problems.

Also try clearing out your cache/cookies like what The Wall said.

Also firefox put out 2 new updates last week as well. Make sure you have the updated version.

9. cooker300

cooker300 G&G Evangelist

NW PA
    no problems here with it

10. Nerd

Nerd G&G Regular

OCSP = Online Certificate Status Protocol

Encryption like SSL (HTTPS) is based on certificates. Your browser has one, web servers generally have them, etc.

Certificates can expire and/or they can be revoked by the issuer. OCSP is an easy and simple way to determine whether a given cert is still good. The requester (e.g. a web browser that wants to establish an SSL connection) sends a short query to the issuer's OCSP responder to ask if the cert in question is valid. If the cert is good, the SSL connection can be established; if the cert is expired or revoked - or the OCSP responder is unavailable - then the browser will probably let the user know via an error message.

Often certs are good for one year. If an organization knows its cert is going to expire on 01 August, for example, they'll normally have a new cert ready to go before 31 July and then they can switch to the new one at the appropriate time. Based on the error message, it looks like the new cert (to follow the example) was put into place before 01 August. The OCSP responder then indicated that the cert wouldn't be good until some time in the future.

Firefox generally makes more information available to the user than either IE or Chrome, which is why you get more detailed error message from Firefox. It may be inconvenient but it's good that your browser warned you rather than a) failing with no error messages or b) blindly allowing a "secure" connection with an invalid cert.

Hope that helps. :)

billy likes this.