close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Firestar

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Jun 21, 2002.

1. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    :target:
    Not really my speed, but has anyone had the opportunity to look at the Firestar .45 1911 clone from Spain? I'm thinking all parts are not goint to standard interchange, the extractor is flush mounted in the side of the side for starters.

It would be a good bargain for a starter they went for $299.00 ok for the guy who never plans to customize. felt pretty solid and tight.
    Just some info.

2. Don't know about those,but cruffler.com is getting in some Colt 1927's in about 2 weeks.All parts interchange,made in Argentina under Colt supervision.For $300 in grade1.I got my eye on one of those.

3. yodar

yodar G&G Newbie

Llama has acquired the ability to elicit a sour taste in my mouth (and perhaps others) because they allied themselves with BERSA to offer the Firestar under a name that had no Llama association.

I have read reports saying it ranks with the R.I. being a solid, functional pistol if one wanted it as the basis for a PROJECT...

The ONE thing I LIKED about it was the pachmeyer-style rubber grips..they grip BACK !! That's a feature I seek

Yodar

4. yodar

yodar G&G Newbie

FIRESTAR (?)

WELL, I bought one!

This IS a STRANGE bird! It's NOT a FIRESTAR It's a FIRESTORM. (Fabrinor Vitoria espana) imported by RSA in Ocean (City?) NJ

Dealer "told" me it was a joint manufacturing venture between Llama and Bersa.

I can find NOTHING that indicates that in any of the packaging and documents. Furthermore, the moderator of the 9MM LARGO group says Llama and Star are both TU and were briefly in bed with eack other before they BOTH went TU

Who in the devil is Fabrinor Vitoria (espana) ? Nobody really knows so far...

The gun is a two tone and well made and actually heavy...such that I feared my scanner platen would break under it, so I put a piece of windowglass on the scanner to support it...The result is a scan revealing every piece of dust on the window glass and obscuring the resolution substantially

The dealer here is pricing it competitively against the Plant City Fl.-imported FEG GKK .45

Shooting is was VERY satisfying (see attached 15 meter groups (weaver stance) and unlike the FEG .45, it held onto its front sights, though THEY are going to be replaced as they're practically invisible...had to turn the light out in my shooting booth to shoot the PROFILE of the front sight blade as the white dots were virtually invisible. The weight of the gun made recoil un-noticeable and it feed 200 gr SWC to shoot accurately.

Good gun for $290 all taxes and fees paid

Yodar

Attached Files:

5. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    thanks for the name correction. nothing wrong with those groups. gotta love a big hole! sounds like it will make plenty of folks a fine gun.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2002