Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just saw a Firestorm 1911 at the latest gun show for $260, and wondered how interchangeable it is with standard 1911. Price seems incredibly good if it is. Condition looked perfect to me, I forget whether it was new or used. Anyone have experience good or bad?

·
Registered
11,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just looked at the firestorm web page. Apparently they have the interchangeability of a Llama. Just spit on my foot why don't you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
'cording to the LLAMA site maybe 14 parts are interchangeable excluding the bbl

I have new FIRESTORM 7 rounds in a 2.25" bull at 50'

YODAR

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Took my wife's Firestorm back....we both hated it. You couldn't get a pattern on target paper if the barrel was touching the dang target.

Then, before we did take it back, Firestorm wouldn't respond to my e mails (and I was nice in them too....honest).

That company soured me real quick.

·
Registered
4 Posts
firestorms are a good CHEAPO 45 acp, but even with there 'claimed" interchangability on specific parts, dont count on it. as a dealer, and an accomplished pistolsmith with several hundred complete ground up 1911 builds under my belt (or is that under my feet?....)ive had customers ask me the exact same question in the past. we have dismantled different brands of 1911's, and tried parts in a comperable sized firestorm. about 90+% of the time, they didnt fit properly.

do yourself a favor, and dont waste your money. buy yourself a nice frame/slide that fit tight, and bide your time, buy the parts you want, and build your own, or buy one from a reputable company,like springfield,kimber,wilson,les baer,colt,ect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts