close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

First Look: Taurus Curve

Discussion in 'Taurus' started by grizcty, Nov 19, 2014.

1. yep
    i want one
    but in 45acp

2. JetGirl

JetGirl G&G Evangelist

Yep. I want a curved gun that effectively makes the muzzle point more at me, then I want to leave the trigger guard uncovered and unprotected while I shove it in my pants unholstered and move around throughout the day. I didn't need that femoral artery anyway.

3. because of my size i am looking for the smallest gun i can get.
    there is no place to put a holster on my skinny body.
    something like this might work

4. JetGirl

JetGirl G&G Evangelist

5. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The pistol already comes with a 'trigger clip' on a lanyard, that keeps trigger from being pulled in the pants, and pops off when drawn.
    Aesthetically I do not like this pistol, but functionally it does address a need some folks have. Sights......? It's a close-up belly blaster. Not needed.
    I won't buy it, but I am sure others will. Just another club in the well-rounded shooter's bag.

Kad Skirata and big shrek like this.
  6. i agree
    uglier than home-made sin
    BUT
    the easier it is to carry
    the more likely i am to be armed

870shooter1 likes this.
  7. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

Ever tried a Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB? I love mine, a Glock 19/23 is perfect in it. I have a G17 now but will be trading it for a G19 soon. But maybe not a fair comparison since I'm 6'5" 225lbs :rolleyes: I guess that helps with concealment

8. you are 7 inches taller and 90 lbs heavier

9. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    I'm going to have to hold it, but the wife and I like it. I love the attached belt clip and the trigger guard on a lanyard. I think I may have to get this for my wife, or maybe for me as a backup.

TXplt likes this.
  10. Mantrid_Brizon

Mantrid_Brizon G&G Evangelist

The future is hear, and it kind of reminds me of a Vektor CP-1 pistol. I like how Taurus tries to always ramp up their innovation.

TXplt likes this.
  11. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Yes.

Like posted in another thread I DO very much like the idea of a built in light; the laser comes along for the ride but not a huge laser fan--to each their own (and lasers DO have some definite uses and advantages, but need to be used in conjunction with solid shooting fundamentals in the first place).

Folks thought the Glock a radical design when it came out; now it's commonplace.

The purpose built design is I think a good idea; light and clip--kinda reinforces a gun's use as a tool. Like to see it in a sub compact slim 9 which shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  12. Mantrid_Brizon

Mantrid_Brizon G&G Evangelist

I always assumed that a laser was more or less strictly for 'dazzling' (blinding the target). Lights work too, but I think the ultimate setup would be a single, compact laser combined with standard combat night sights, or a fiber-optic ghost ring for quick target acquisition.

Kad Skirata likes this.
  13. GSFixit

GSFixit Curmudgeon In Training

PA
    I showed this to my DIL a few minutes ago. She wants it. Currently she carries a Jimenez Arms (over my sons objection) .380. She said it constantly jams with every brand of ammo, and, weighs twice what the Curve weighs. We like the price as well. MSRP is supposed to be $392.

big shrek likes this.
  14. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

That's where you and I differ. I love lasers. Laser allowed me to do this without even holding gun to eye level.

[​IMG]

big shrek and GSFixit like this.
  15. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

The Curves funky rear crosshairs would only take getting used to for those already familiar
    with standard sights...one who has never shot a pistol before would likely pick it up faster.

The Laser helps. LOTS! :)

Still, its only the beginning!!

billy likes this.
  16. Lightweight

Lightweight G&G Enthusiast

Anyone remember the S&W Sigma .380? Same magazine retention design.

I like the built in flashlight, but I still don't know if lasers are useful or not.

TXplt likes this.
  17. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

When you run out of ammo, at least you can still blind them! Or if your really bored, you can torment the cat!

Kad Skirata likes this.
  18. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

At the typical 'belly buster' range these pistols are designed for, neither sights nor lasers are needed. It's the ultimate 'point & click' interface.......

billy likes this.
  19. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

Actually, I can get hits with my LCP (and snubbies) on a large saucer steel plate at a little over 30 yards just for fun (obviously the gun wasn't intended for this but it's fun to try--takes VERY careful trigger control and a firm grip as well as religious focus on the front sight). But I do agree the purpose of the gun is a close range contact one.

One other thing is we're experienced enough here to realize that one can miss at some ridiculously close ranges if one uses improper technique. This is also verified by the relative low hit rate of LEs (who are in a fight and/or getting shot at) during actual shootings--most of which are well inside of 10 yards.

While the laser/sights might not be all that important in a contact-type range pistol, IMHO the light IS for night target ID and that's what I really like. All of my defensive long guns have some type of weapons mounted light; none of my CCW guns do (makes them too bulky). This gun is really nice because it seemlessly incorporates something I personally would love to see but can't currently mount easily on my handguns without making them more bulky in some way (even the j-frame grip light makes the grip size close to a GP-100).

MAYBE, instead of a laser, someone would design a decent recoil spring replacement for a Glock which had an integral bright white LED but I'm not sure this is feasable in how it could be switched on and off as the gun is raised.

20. Tack Driver

Tack Driver G&G Evangelist

I like the way you think. Rail mounted weapons lights ain't bad, but man your idea would be neat. Adds zero bulk/weight

Kad Skirata and TXplt like this.