Rossi first rossi problem ever!

Discussion in 'Rossi' started by whirlwind, Aug 28, 2010.

1. whirlwind

whirlwind G&G Enthusiast

was shooting my twin snub 357s and one jammed up! i never had any revolver jam! took it apart and the retaining pin on their hammer safety mechanism was only peened on one side,which allowed it to slide out and catch the spring of the cylinder release and it hung on it and ripped it out and drug it between the hammer and the housing! didnt take long to fix but it was pretty careless of the factory. i was really shocked. ive never had any trouble from a rossi before.

2. Spooky.45

Spooky.45 G&G Newbie

im not one to bash cheaper firearms but ive had 2 rossi pistols over the years and its safe to say i wont be buying another one again. my first was the 851 4 inch .38 and the tip of the fireing pin broke off after only shooting it twice then i got a rossi 851 3 inch .38 and encountered the same problem after only a box and a half of shells. i know taurus makes them but ive never had any problems from the taurus pistols i own or have shot. i have a friend who has a rossi and he loves it, mabey it was just my turn to get a lemon who knows

3. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Hey WW what's happeni'n, good to see ya around..

Guys and gals, it does not matter what firearm ones mitts are currently wrapped around, make, brand, caliber, long, short, fat, skinny, pretty, ugly.

You need to have the mindset that you may need to use it as a club someday.

4. whirlwind

whirlwind G&G Enthusiast

good to be here jerry! not much goin on, just feedin the kids and beatin the dogs (if anyone from peta is reading this just reverse those two) how have you been?

5. When I saw Rossi problem I thought he was talking Dino Rossi who's running for senator here in Washington. Glad it was a rossi pistol. I have one, stainless .357 mag my wife loves to shoot it. probably around 800 rounds and not one problem.

6. whirlwind

whirlwind G&G Enthusiast

yeah like i said i got two stainless with sequencial serial numbers and the other has no trouble at all,it was just one of those stupid assembly line mistakes that happen. i still love the weapons they put out. i just cant believe that slipped thru. im just glad it was something i could fix without sending it off or spending a ton of cash on. if that would have happened id be put off the brand. ive shot a few more hundred royunds thru the other twin since the one has been down,and not even a hiccup out of it. and no trouble from the broken one now that its fixed.

7. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Doi'n good man, just a tad busy, but that's ok