close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Flat Tax

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Logansdad, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

:eek: What do y'all know about the Flat Tax ?...What do y'all think of it ? :rolleyes: :fuss: :nod:

2. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Against it. Consumption tax is the only way to get rid of IRS and government involvement in everyone's income. How would you feel if the BATF called you up and demanded your pay records for the last 5 years and also wanted to look at reciepts for major expenses?

3. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Im gona go with Klaus on this on a "Consumption tax " makes more sense...besides the rich paying more than the poor, it also gets thoses person who may be involved in less than legal activity..ie drug dealers and polaticians...to pay taxes on the stuff they buy/use.

4. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I was audited the first time I bought a house...after two years of putting up with rude IRS people they sent me a check...
    Tell me more about this Consumption Tax...Please

5. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Hay LD I was just reading about it last night and got my little brain cells kinda confused.....It seems to be a Libratarian party thing and makes sense..Im sure Klause and some others can explain it a little more clear...I requested some info from theLibratarian party last night so In a few weeks Ill get it sorted out in my mind.

6. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

It is a sales tax. It is simply based on what you spend, not what you earn. This gets rid of the government prying into how much you make. You also will not have to hire lawyers to tell you how to shelter your money.

7. Logansdad

Logansdad Guest

I vote Libertarian every chance I get...Thanks Klaus

8. Consumption tax is the way to go.

Or...no tax and let Uncle Sam make it's cool change off investments like the rest of us poor souls who have lost MUCH in stock the past three years.

Perhaps if government......federal, state...city, etc. had to rely on investments then maybe there would be more control over what the big companies do.

I say put more control on big business and less on average Joe.

9. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

I dont llike the idea of a consumption tax. I would rather the gov't know what I make than what I spend it on.
    Dale I like your idea of making the gov't invest! That may prevent some enron and worldcomm crap.

10. Stopper

Stopper G&G Newbie

Consumption tax!!!!

Filling out all those returns really taxes my Turkey hunting time!!!!!!

Tax what I spend, not what I make. What I make is my business not their's!

11. Doglips

Doglips G&G Newbie

Lenny 2...have you considered heavy medication...Thorazine is nice this time of year..heheheheheeheheheheheeheheheheeheh

12. Lenny2

Lenny2 Guest

Do you

really want the government to know how many guns you buy? how much ammo? what kind of ammo?
    Do you have any idea how many "red flags" would go up from the purchases of people like the ones that visit this board? Talk about government intervention...sheesh...

13. dave375hh

dave375hh G&G Newbie Forum Contributor

Ohio
    The only problem with a consumption tax is that Drs, lawyers, buisness owners etc. start a bartering system to hide their consumption and the rest of us pay for them again.

They do it to some extent now to inflate their buisness expenses and inflate their deductions and write-offs.

I have to come down on the side of a flat tax, as I'm tired of paying the freight for these Enron wannabes. I'm all for anybody who makes it big that's what the USA's all about But to make it and then turn into a theif I don't understand.

****! I gotta go find the prozac or the scotch! Down boy!