Flat top with built in scope rail 20 MOA

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by nra_guns_winner, Jan 20, 2009.

1. nra_guns_winner

nra_guns_winner G&G Newbie

I have recently seen AR's on the web that would just make a great 500 yd tack driver. I'd love a set up like this, but like everyone cannot get everything I want. So do any of you guys have this, if so how is it.

2. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Do u mean a simple upper receiver with a full length Picatinny rail going across the top instead of a handguard?

I have two, both my 16" carbine and my 20" precision rig. Ones a RRA upper and the other is a CMT upper. Both work great for mounting your red dot, or scope, or BUIS. The RRA uppers slots are numbered too.

3. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder G&G Newbie

Are you talking about a scoped flat top like this?
    [​IMG]

This is a short barrell, you can do the same with a 20 or 22 inch barrel, in 6.5 or 6.8. That would reach out.

4. SodakJim

SodakJim G&G Newbie

I don't know of any AR-15s with a 20 MOA rail. My Leupold VX-III 6.5-20X50 has more than enough elevation for 600 yards on a standard rail. I also have a Burris FastFire secondary red dot sight mounted for targets that pop up under 100 yards, or for running targets. I have been able to pick off p-dogs at just over 400 yards on a calm day with this setup.
    It's a modified RRA Varmint 24 with a Larue LT-137 and SPR Mounts
    Take a look at the photos and one of my best 100 meter 20 shot grounps.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted