Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought another gun at the flea market this morning. It is a Remington 1903 (not A3). It is in near perfect condition, with all marks and cartouches intact. All parts I have checked are marked with "R". The barrel is marked "RA 8-42". When I saw it, I made a beeline to it. The guy said he was asking $200, but would take $175. I almost ripped my pants off getting my wallet aout to pay him before he changed his mind.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,642 Posts
Sounds like you were at the right place and right on time. That was an awesome find. Do you plan on shooting it?

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
!!!!!! WOWWWZAA !!! i would have paid the man as fast as possible and RAN before he figured out hat just happened!

Good find man.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,364 Posts
You lucky stiff! The last '03 I saw was an '03A3, and the gun shop wanted almost $900 for it Even though the rifle was rebuilt in 1942 it is still way, way beyond a deal-and-a-half.

I'd love that one for my collection!

·
Wonderment :)
33,514 Posts
Shopper

hfreyer: Sir, :) you have created :) a lot of jealousy lol, excellent "shopper" award:)

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought another gun at the flea market this morning. It is a Remington 1903 (not A3). It is in near perfect condition, with all marks and cartouches intact. All parts I have checked are marked with "R". The barrel is marked "RA 8-42". When I saw it, I made a beeline to it. The guy said he was asking $200, but would take $175. I almost ripped my pants off getting my wallet aout to pay him before he changed his mind.
The year of manufacture for serial number 3210485 is 1941.
Now find out the MW and TE, headspace gage 30-06 Foster service works well), markings, ect. You are in for an adventure. ENJOY you trip. And one hell of a deal!

·
Registered
169 Posts
You and a buddy of mine find all of the good deals. We are all jealous!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Nice find and a beautiful rifle... Will you take $200 for it? ;)

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
Yep, you got a great deal on an awesome rifle! I'm going to have to start cruisin' flea markets! You seem to do pretty well.

·
Registered
15,375 Posts
If you find another sleeper any better, I almost don't want to hear. Just kidding! Dang good score!

·
I don't take prisoners...
3,885 Posts
The receiver was actually made Sep't of 1942.
From the picture the middle band appears to be from the 03A3. All other parts look good.
You got a bargain!

·
Registered
979 Posts
The receiver was actually made Sep't of 1942.
From the picture the middle band appears to be from the 03A3. All other parts look good.
You got a bargain!
Later made Remington 1903s were sometimes made with some 03A3 parts, as the milled parts ran out, and the stamped parts were becoming available.

·
Registered
5,618 Posts
what a deal! you shoulda bought a lottery ticket on the way home with your luck that day!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts