Flea market score

Discussion in 'Mosin Nagant' started by littlestoney406, Oct 1, 2010.

1. Was at the flea market today, guy had a ziplock bag sitting on his table looked like about 35 or so 7.62x54R rounds in it. I pick it up and ask how much for it and he said $8 for all three bags. I only saw 2 bags and the other was just a bunch of random stuff and he pointed a tent stake bag, so I took it. When I got home, started to counting and looking at them, there was 92 rounds of x54, 3B 37 I believe is Russian and a VPT 31 which is Finnish. There was also 5 .38 Special, 20 .357 Magnum, 2 30-30, 5 or 6 .22, and one that I assume is 7.5 Swiss, it is stamped GFL 7.5 SVIZZ.

2. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

i got dibbs on that swiss when i get home lol

3. Sorry bro. My buddy that collects ammo, has already claimed it.

4. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    That's a pretty good deal! I never find things like that at flea markets, more's the pity.

5. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Why don't I ever find these deals at flea markets?

6. Last trip I made to the gun shop I was talking to the owner and he gave me 40 rounds of once fired 5.56X45 LC brass for free.

7. dman24

dman24 G&G Newbie

I have never even seen ammo at a flea market or yard sale. Never seen any guns either. Looks like you got a pretty good deal, sometimes it pays to keep an eye out.

8. This flea market always has guys selling guns and ammo. Find real good deals from time to time. Saw the only Remington M91 I had ever seen in real life there a few months back, however it was bubba'd, but still a Remington.

9. The Flea Market in Milton on Rt 60 has a guy there that sells guns and ammo, he's there every weekend.

10. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Yeah, in what STATE?

11. daengmei

daengmei G&G Newbie

Ky
    I'm gonna guess and say Milton WV? I'm from that area....dangit! :shhh: :wink1:

12. You are correct.

13. Link23

Link23 G&G Newbie

Didn't the Milton burn down a couple of years ago? I know the Louisa one has guns all the time

14. It did burn, but they have rebuilt it.

15. I haven't been to Milton since they rebuilt. These did come from Louisa. Several guns there today, just nothing worth bringing back. Hillbilly doesn't allow guns on the lot anymore.

16. daengmei

daengmei G&G Newbie

Ky
    Is it easy to find in Louisa or can you give a location?

17. It's actually not in Lousia. It's on 23. Which way are you coming from?

18. daengmei

daengmei G&G Newbie

Ky
    Louisville....I've not been in that area for many years...my track home takes me along Mountain Parkway and 460? to Williamson. Back to the late '70 since using highway 52 in WV.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010
  19. Come up 23 towards Ashland. Go by where you turn off to Lousia. A couple more miles and you'll pass the power plant on the right and about 1/2 a mile more the flea market sits on the left. Best time to go would be on a Saturday around noon. I've never seen another flea market get up and going later then this one.

20. daengmei

daengmei G&G Newbie

Ky
    I do appreciate the heads up on that area...I have to go home soon to take care of my mothers estate and will go that way on my way back. Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2010