Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doug and Linda Gray used to leave their home before sunrise every morning to make an hour-long commute to work at Walt Disney World. After being followed and run off the road one morning, the couple decided to buy a gun for their protection, they say. But when Disney learned about the weapon, the husband and wife were fired after nearly 10 years with the company. That`s even though Gray holds a permit to carry a concealed weapon.

More...

·
Handgunner
9,181 Posts
Disney

Disney has a pretty sad history when it comes to how they treat their employees.

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,636 Posts
When are we going to wake up to the fact that guns carried by CCW holders ENHANCE safety ?!!

·
Resident Curmudgeon
34,373 Posts
When are we going to wake up to the fact that guns carried by CCW holders ENHANCE safety ?!!
Hey, TX, we know that. The correct question is, "When will the general public wake up to the fact that guns carried by CCW holders enhance safety?" And more to the point, "When will companies and corporations wake up to the fact that guns carried by CCW holders enhance safety?"

One point the antigunners have never been able to refute (and which you will never find out from their quisling allies, the mainstream media) is that as a class, CCW permit holders are more responsible and more law-abiding than an equal number of non-shooters. People who hold a CCW permit and regularly carry are very much aware they are carrying the high justice on their belts; that people's lives will ride on their actions if, God forbid, it ever comes to the point they have to draw and use their pistol. This tends to be a very sobering realization to most people. But of course you will never get a "family oriented" outfit like Disney to understand this, since the Politically Correct Wisdom is that Gun Are Evil And So Are Those Who Use Them. It is significant that when something bad happens involving guns, the Brady Bunch and their fellow-travelers will be all over the airwaves, but the CCRKBA, the NRA, the GOA and other pro-gun groups either can't get airtime or will be cut off by the talking head 'moderating' the discussion.

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Feel sorry for the couple who lost their jobs after 10 years employment there. With management making decisions like this I can see where they might be worried about their employees being armed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It is the Magic Kingdom, perhaps they feel that everyone will "magically" be protected from harm...

what a pitty, after 10 years of dedication, lose your job only trying to keep yourself safe..

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,636 Posts
Hey, TX, we know that. The correct question is, "When will the general public wake up to the fact that guns carried by CCW holders enhance safety?" And more to the point, "When will companies and corporations wake up to the fact that guns carried by CCW holders enhance safety?"

One point the antigunners have never been able to refute (and which you will never find out from their quisling allies, the mainstream media) is that as a class, CCW permit holders are more responsible and more law-abiding than an equal number of non-shooters. People who hold a CCW permit and regularly carry are very much aware they are carrying the high justice on their belts; that people's lives will ride on their actions if, God forbid, it ever comes to the point they have to draw and use their pistol. This tends to be a very sobering realization to most people. But of course you will never get a "family oriented" outfit like Disney to understand this, since the Politically Correct Wisdom is that Gun Are Evil And So Are Those Who Use Them. It is significant that when something bad happens involving guns, the Brady Bunch and their fellow-travelers will be all over the airwaves, but the CCRKBA, the NRA, the GOA and other pro-gun groups either can't get airtime or will be cut off by the talking head 'moderating' the discussion.
I agree--this gets the conspiracy theory side of me going in a way. I sometimes wonder if this reflects the opinion and agenda of those owning and/or controlling our news media. All of them (even Fox) seem to be like this.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The truth is, a few armed bad guys tend to ruin it for all of us.

Heres more antigun legislation at work for you, I recently read in American Rifleman that someone tryed to ramrod a piece of legislation banning MUZZLELOADERS!!!! as antiaircraft weapons.

Bunch of bullshirt to me.

·
Premium Member
18,722 Posts
Private property is still private property. My employer prohibits weapons of any kind from their property, no matter how legal they may be. When I am going hunting or shooting after work, my vehicle is parked on the street and not in their parking lot. If I violate this policy, I can be fired. That is part of my employment. If I don't like it, I can find another job.
Lots of places restrict the carrying/possesion of weapons and that's their prerogative. I have a concealed carry permit and cannot carry into any place displaying a sign that prohibits the carry on their property under penalty of law and losing my permit.
These people knew the Disney policy, or should have known, and suffered the consequences of their action. They weren't fired for owning a firearm, just for bringing it onto company property.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts