FN 49 questions

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by misterbillybob, May 28, 2008.

  1. misterbillybob

    misterbillybob Guest

    I just bought an FN 49 at a local gun shop and there is a switch on the ight side of the upper reciever that looks like that it is suppose to slide back and forth, which it does but it seems flimsy as if it's going to fall off.
    Are you sure it's not suppose to be like this or this riffle in general? Or does anyone make a larger magazine for this particular riffle?

  2. I think you're referring to the sliding dust cover over the bolt. Maybe the cover has gone and you are left with just the slide switch. The cover will only close when the bolt is closed.

    Some models were actually converted to take a 20 round magazine.

    Now we need details & pictures of your rifle. Maker, calbre and any & all markings on it.

  3. misterbillybob

    misterbillybob Guest

    The description of it is: 8mil, hole running threw the stock, 10 round magazine,

    That's all I can tell you for now...
    I'll have pics up later.
  4. I think they are very nice looking rifles.