Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
This is my first post and I'm glad to be here. Now to my question.

I've just purchased a commercial FN Mauser from my neighbor. Neighbor is 80+ yrs. of age and doesn't remember much about the rifle. He bought the barreled action sometime in the 1960's and stocked it himself. The barrel is a Douglas, according to him, and the action is Belgium made.
There are some markings on the barrel and action such as, "crown over R", "crown over ELG"? and some others.
Are these actions simply known as commercial actions or is there some other name or designation for these actions?

HighWall :)
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.