FNG to this forum...

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by USAF_462/2W1X1, May 20, 2008.

1. Hey all,

Just a few words to say hello and let yall know I am happy to be a part of this forum, I have learned so much already!

Originally from Southern Ohio, stationed in New Mexico close to the Texas border.

Big military history buff, from Am Rev to Civil War, WWII and a little WWI.

Yeah so I guess that is it, from what I understand, there are quite a few Ohio guys in here so I gotta shout out "O-H..."!!!

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  2. Seabeescotty

Seabeescotty G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Glad to meet you, and welcome to the forum. Thank you for serving, it's much appreciated, amongst the old veterans here. Enjoy, learn what you need, and share!!

3. welcome to G&G. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

4. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Welcome. Still stuck on the 462 thing huh, LOL.

Nice avatar.

Shirt.

5. Yeah well it was a little before my time but my first flight chief always called us 462s so it stuck in my head. Hell any of the "young'uns" coming in now, you say 462 and they look at you like "huh?"

Thanks about the avatar, stole it off the computer at work!

Toad

6. CalifgirlinOk

CalifgirlinOk G&G Evangelist

Welcome to G&G-enjoy the site

7. jerry

USA
    least your not a bb stacker:09:

8. Glad to have you aboard. Welcome to the site.

9. Amen to that brother! You still in the service? Where were/are you stationed?

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  10. MrsS

MrsS G&G Enthusiast

Welcome to the site!

11. jerry

USA
    24 years (11 AD) Currently An Air Guard First Sergeant in Illinois. Former E&E troop.

Best,

12. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Welcome to the site! :) :)

13. HI feller WELCOME to GUN and GAME !!! Thank you for Joining !!!...A.H

14. Hey dude,
    Welcome to the forum, it's a great place to hang.
    Mike

15. Wow

Thanks for all the "welcome"s, it was definately more than I expected. Thank you all so much and I hope to pose many a question, and maybe try to answer a few as well!

Well Shirt, good to have "met" you, and even though you are a "pointy-head" at heart, I will let that slide... hahaha!

16. jerry

USA
    Spark Chaser will work, we reserved pointy heads for comm nav and avionics.;)
    I was actually ECS, Environmental, MA, whatever you want to call it when I enlisted.

17. ash

ash G&G Addict

Aw man I thought I was through dealing with ammo troops.

Everyone start using smaller words.

18. AMMO?!?!

Man, now you gone and done it, AMMO paints and stores the dang things, we inspect 'em, load 'em, and maintain the weapons system on the aircraft... i.e.- most everything from the time the pilot pushes the button to the time the bomb/ missile/ nuke does its dirty work. Granted if we find anything wrong with the wiring and we don't feel like messing it up even more, we call on Jerry and his fellow "Spark Chasers"...

Ammo... that is the BIGGEST insult to any weapons troop, those slackers go to tech school for 8 weeks and think they are the best thing to the Air Force since the advent of the jet engine! HAHAHA just playin, us flightline type guys are just jealous cause they get all the press!

:09:

To Jerry- sorry man, all those guys that work in the specs office are "pointy heads" to us, but then again we are just jealous cause you guys scored higher on the ASVAB than us!

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  19. jerry

USA
    To Jerry- sorry man, all those guys that work in the specs office are "pointy heads" to us, but then again we are just jealous cause you guys scored higher on the ASVAB than us![/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, you guys always had the good parties at the dorm:09: