Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I just registered. Recently acquired a Belgian Mauser and am trying to get some history on aging it. It is FNH. Serial numbers below 10,000. Its been sporterized. I picked it up for whitetail hunting. It is standard 7x57. Any info would be helpful. Thanks Shorty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is stamped Fabrique Nationale d'Armes Querre, Herstal, Belgique. I have found out that it was made in Herstal, Belgium. Serial number is 9505 (on both action and bbl) leading me to believe it may be early manufacture. Action is stainless. There is a scope mounted on it which covers what I assume would be an important stamping on the top of the action , and having just sighted it in, I don't really want to remove it ( it was on the weapon when I got it) On the left hand side of the barrel, behind the site ramp, there is a very small stamping that looks like it says "7.0 MB BBLINDEE". proof marks (?) are PV, on both action and bbl, directly behoind the PV mark on the bbl there is an "R" with what looks like a small crown (?) above it. The stamping under the scope has some sort of ribbon at the bottom of it, mostly covered by the scope mount. Also on the bbl is an eggshaped insignia with a crown on it in side is stamped "E", then below that side by side the letters "LG". does any of this help?

·
Resident Sasquatch
9,496 Posts
Welcome to G&G. I can't help much with the gun, but every FN I've ever seen was a quality weapon. If it is stainless, that points to a more modern weapon of commercial manufacture. I'd contact FN directly for more info.

·
Registered
17,237 Posts
I believe from the description you have an Early
"F.N. Mauser Sporter Deluxe" mfg. from 1947-1963, however I can find NO Listing on it ever being built in Stainless Steel...

Rich

1 - 6 of 6 Posts