Followed Me Home

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jackar, May 11, 2008.

1. jackar

jackar Guest

I drove my wife to a social event a few miles from home and saw a gun shop I'd never been to. Went in just to look around, there it was in the show case. Id wanted one since the 80's but didn't want to pay the $600 tag. (With sales tax.) Xlnt shape. Walked out with it, $324.25 out the door. Not exactly the caliber I like but one beautiful gun. There are two bads, both grip medallions are missing ($3.18 at Midway USA + S&H) and the nickel magazine has lost some nickel on the base. I can get a factory Browning nickel mag (10 round) for $14 and a 13 round for $24. All in all I think I got it pretty cheap.

Attached Files:

2. Windwalker

Windwalker G&G Newbie

Looks great. Need range report.

3. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Range report

jackar: Sir; a Mothers Day to remember. Good score. :)
    Now follow up with the "Windwalker's" thinkin.:)

4. jackar

jackar Guest

Price of ammo

I didn't realize that ammo for this was so expensive. The dealer I bought it from had the ammo for $15.70 for box of 50. Ran it on the Net and didn't see anything much cheaper. Maybe I should have kept the Kel-Tec P-11, I still have some 9mm left over that I bought for $6.50 a box at Dick's Sporting Goods. I'll see what Wallys World has tomorrow and pick up a box if they have any and hopefully post a range report this week. I field stripped the pistol last night and it was moderately dirty inside and needing oiling. The decocking feature I could do without, I've gotten so used to the Model 1911 type safety. But I can live with it, it's so PRETTY!.

5. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

6. jackar

jackar Guest

Range Report

I found some .380 ammo at WalMart. Not cheap. A little over $16. I found some at Midway USA for $13 but after postage was $27. Oh well, it's only money. I sure like this pistol, just like a pretty woman, you can look at her all day long and never get tired of looking. Or holding! If you look at the picture you can see the grip medallions came and I installed them. The nickel 10 round Browning mag is still on the way.

I fired around 25 rounds in all, five of them on an NRA 25 yard target but fired from around 12 yards. My point of aim was at six o'clock in the black (7 ring) and the bullets printed about seven inches high at that range. I think at 25 yards they would print about 2-3 inches high. Recoil was negligible, didn't bang my hand around like the Kel-Tec P-11, functioning was perfect, no FTF or feed. All in all just a pleasant fun to shoot.

This is not a pocket pistol. With a length of almost seven inches and a more or less thick, but not unpleasant grip. it's a handfull. I have rather large hands, ring size 12, and they fit right into the gun with no trouble. I had trouble with the P-11 fitting my left hand into, and the right hand wouldn't fit at all.

I think if I lived in Texas and had the money to associate with those big spenders down there I would use this Browning BDA for my Bar-B-Que gun in a tooled leather holster and belt. Bear in mind, this is only MHO.

Attached Files:

7. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I sure like the looks of that pistol!

8. My best friend used to carry one just like that as his off duty weapon. He liked it more than his PPK. That is one fine piece of Italian craftsmanship. Good buy.