Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
You can get a very nice Garand for much cheaper if you go through CMP. More like $600 instead of $900.

My brother just picked one up from them, it was a 1944 dated Springfield receiver and barrel (the bore was clean). Pretty nice for the money.

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
CMP weapons are about 1/2 the prices shown on AIM.
I have two CMP Garands and they are both exceptional for the money.
That's like Big 5 asking $999 for a beater of a Carbine.
Ridiculous.

·
Registered
16,485 Posts
The ones CMP sells for like what, $595.00 are service grade. I'll say, from the pictures, some look better then that. But, with CMP, you know what you'll be getting as they go through them. I haven't a clue as to how AIM is.

For all we know, AIM bought them from CMP, cleaned them up and is now asking for a few hundred more then what they paid? lol Who knows, if they bought bulk, they probably got them for less than $595.00?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont really know anything about garands and where you can get them cheaper. i usually just post anything new that catches my eye from AIM if i see no one else did

·
I can justify anything.
4,879 Posts
AIM has small collections for sale from time to time..
In reality, the prices they have there are around what they'd sell for on Gunbroker or Auction Arms.

Not a great deal, but those rifles all are in nice external condition.. Problem is, even though they LOOK nice, that doesn't mean they're that quality on the inside.. Also, the rifles on AIM don't say if they're all SA or HR parts to put them up to correct grade..

I'd pony up the money at CMP for another service grade at $595 rather than buy one of those from AIM. BUT, I bet they'll be gone before the weekend..:09:

Thanks for posting about them Nick! It's alway nice to look at rifles for sale..:)

·
Registered
8,553 Posts
Hey, Nick...don't stop posting this type of info; it's always good to get the skinny on various web sites. Personally I appreciate the notice because I didn't know about AIM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts