Glock For all you Glock haters...

Discussion in 'Glock' started by Silent Shooter, May 26, 2008.

1. Silent Shooter

Silent Shooter G&G Newbie

2. To paraphrase Andrew Quigley "I didn't say I hated 'em, I said I didn't have any use for 'em"

3. killer

killer G&G Newbie

What the... :eek2:

4. AKHunter

AKHunter G&G Newbie

That is some serious abuse. I would like to see that done to a 1911 and a Sig Sauer.

5. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

I don't hate glock because of it's reliability. I'll agree, it is one of the most reliable handguns on the planet.

I hate it because I'm more accurate throwing rocks. If I wanted a gun to feel like a brick in my hand, then I would make a grip out of a brick :D

I'd like to see the same test done on an M&P. I bet you'd find similar results, only with a 1911 style grip :D

6. **** thats a tough little pistol, If it wasnt so dang ugly...

7. billy

billy G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i heard glocks blow up for no reason all the time......

8. I heard that glocks blow up in sub freezing temperatures. Something that makes the carbon fiber brittle or whatever when it freezes.

Either way, interesting article. I almost got a glock, and heck, I would still consider owning one.

9. Ok.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjmtj9TgX8&feature=related"]YouTube - FirepowerTV Ultimate Gun Tortue Test[/ame]

10. I hear Glocks blow up even when they are holstered.

11. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

Nice! Now that's a 9mm I could see myself shooting :D

And yes, some Glocks do blow up when you touch them.

12. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Iv'e shot a 19, it was ok, any firearm is to me. I just like a gun to be , well, a gun. Hard to explain.

13. just_a_car

just_a_car G&G Newbie

I have posted the original link here on these forums no less than three times.

It was one of the reasons I am most comfortable when carrying my G27.

14. I guess you mean it's kinda like wantin a dame ta be a dame?

15. soonerborn

soonerborn G&G Newbie

16. Pictures prove nothing, lets see that Glock torture test on video. But like I have said before, a Glock is a great gun, so is a SIG, a Beretta and a S&W M&P and many others .

It's like cars, some people like a Chevy, some people like a Ford. Some people like a Honda and some people like a Toyota.

The best gun out there is the one that fits "YOU". The gun that "YOU" can shoot the best and the one you are more comfortable shooting, is the best one you can have.

But that's up to each individual, it's not a choice someone else can make for you, regardless of what torture test it's been through.

17. Bravo

Bravo G&G Newbie

Well said 9mmfan.

I like my M&P, because unlike a Glock, it gives great chamber support on the rear of the casing.
    I blame this lack of
    support on all of the Glock blow ups that we see. Yeah, maybe you're not supposed to overload a casing, but the barrels never blow up. Having an 1/8th inch of the case sticking out the rear of the barrel like the Glocks do is just asking for trouble. The S&W M&P and Springfield XD are nearly flush with the bottom of the case.

Like I said, when you squeeze the trigger, the Glock will fire. So will a Hi-Point. I still hate Glocks :D

Did I mention that Glocks feel like a brick in the hand?

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  18. jerry

jerry Since 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    You got it man!