For Ncnascarlady

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by rando, Sep 21, 2020.

1. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I know you run into some crazy places and homesteads doing the Census. So have you seen any like this? This is West Virginia backwoods stuff. I have seen plenty crazier than this.

[​IMG]

2. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland

3. Nothing quite that crazy. Matter of, those are a lot more friendly and welcoming looking than some of the ones I've come across. If I were allowed to take pictures and share them I would, but I can't.

I thought I'd found the worst of them around here but I was so wrong when I got one last week. I read the case notes from other attempts and didn't think anything was off about going, so I headed down the mile long dirt driveway. That's when I found out they lied and hadn't actually tried to approach.

Remember Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes about cutting the grass and finding cars and dog coming out from under the porch? They weren't even close. I counted 4 dead refrigerators, 3 dead stoves and mountains of trash before I saw the house. Actually I never did see that house because the homeowner came out of nowhere with a 12g leveled at the car. Ever try to back up for a half mile at speed on a winding, rut filled dirt road? It's not easy, trust me.

That case got flagged as dangerous with lots of notes and I'm pretty sure the next time someone tries going out there it'll be an FBI agent.

4. Jim Bridger

Jim Bridger G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Way out in the Deserts of the West there are many reminders of failure.
    DSC_3908_abandoned_mansion_red_desert.jpg

PAPA G and Huey Rider like this.