For our pilots

Discussion in 'Humor Forum' started by jerry, Oct 29, 2020.

1. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
  2. TXplt

TXplt Gun Toting Boeing Driver Forum Contributor

We actually had a guy who'd clip that hula gal with grass skirt to the glare shield.

When he'd go to the lav, I had to do some 'decoration' with my pencil under the skirt.

Nice thing is in the Boeings we can just leave the 'too cold' button in the middle; the f/a's get to have their fun doing that in the individual cabin zones on their control panel.

jwrauch, ChaZam, Stickman and 3 others like this.

3. Stickman

Stickman Less well known member Forum Contributor

At Northwest back in the classic 747-100 days they installed a do nothing thermostat at the aft galley. It was useless but it let them think that they were doing something.

It reduced calls to the cockpit by a huge amount.

neophyte, jwrauch, ChaZam and 4 others like this.
  4. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    Had a friend at Kadena who got an incentive ride in an F-4. The temp control panel is in the front seat.
    My buddy made the mistake of telling the pilot he was ECS.
    Pilot commenced to let him know what full cold and full hot felt like for about half the 1.5 hr sortie.

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

neophyte, jwrauch, ChaZam and 4 others like this.
  5. TXplt

I am really missing the fun we used to have with the girls; we'd always have fun on the long flights kidding around and stuff. Or hearing stories of TDY buffoonery (somehow someone was always having more fun than I was and getting into some sort of scrape because of it).

Those novelty shops became more relevant later in life.

I'd do the 'rattlesnake eggs' thing from time to time (at least when enough crews had cycled through that hadn't seen it). The small paper packet with the wind-up rubber band and washer inside of it. Some of the Chinese girls were skittish about tampering with anything but if you got a US based F/A or one of the Singaporean or Filipina they generally were curious enough to have a look. I'd give the little envelope to them (which is stamped "Rattlesnake Eggs--warning keep cool, etc.) and ask them to put it in the chiller (you'd have to kind of set it up by saying "hey, sorry, this was out for a little bit and got kinda warm--and it's really important I keep it refrigerated; should be OK but would you please be so kind as to put it in the chiller--it's plenty cold in there, right ?). Invariably there'd be a loud shriek from the galley a short time later and we'd be rolling.

The handshake buzzer worked too (until my 6-year old nephew really wanted to keep it) -- before the WuFlu, the entire crew would shake all of our hands (the entire cockpit crew) on the way in which was a long standing thing for us. So once in a while you could pick your target and zap. What made it even more funny is that they never would have expected prankishness. So it always caught them off guard.

One of the wonderful LA based (they've all been laid off for good unfortunately -- they were great and I miss them) Filipina ISM's gave me a well deserved smack when I pulled the handshake buzzer gag on one of the girls working first on the way in before the HKG-LA fight. So after landing in LA on the way out to race for my commute back to DFW, I (with a straight face), I shook her (the ISM's) hand goodbye (she'd forgotten all about it on the way over) --- zzzzap --- we were both rolling. Great group.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    neophyte, rando, ChaZam and 3 others like this.
  6. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

Almost as much fun as messing with Student Pilots, huh?! LOL!!!

neophyte, rando, ChaZam and 3 others like this.
  7. TXplt

It's even funnier because it's true (at least in cruise way high up on autopilot).

8. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Jerry, I especially liked that one about the psychic convention...

neophyte, EtherialOne, TXplt and 2 others like this.