Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Premium Member
My uncle, who was an avid bird hunter, used to send me to his basement with a box packed tight with magazines (target), a 22 and a brick of ammo....when he got tired of listening to me. Shot all the time in his basement.

Since 03-15- 2002
My uncle, who was an avid bird hunter, used to send me to his basement with a box packed tight with magazines (target), a 22 and a brick of ammo....when he got tired of listening to me. Shot all the time in his basement.
That鈥檚 how dad had us set up. Used to comb the floor with a magnet to reuse the BB鈥檚

Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
Being single, I enjoy shooting air guns in my home. A good pellet trap is all ya need! 馃槑

Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
Careful, NRAJoe, you'll put yer eye out! 馃お 馃槃

Registered
I have been eyeing getting a pre charged pneumatic , but am having a hard time with parting with more money than most of my rimfires.
Be careful, those PCP's are an expensive habit ! I have the Benjamin Marauder in .25 cal and love it. First there was the rifle , around $577, then the air tank $389, then the magazines, then the pellets, then the scope, then the modifications. I tell you, it's like a wife, just keeps on getting more expensive as you go.
I've had all kinds and brands of air rifles and loved them all. But I'm down to just the Benjamin, a Diana 34 in .22 cal and my old 1970 something Daisy 880.
I'm lucky that I've got a 60' basement range so I can shoot all year down there. I use them mostly for pest control not too much target practice. Once they're sighted in I leave them.

Registered
Stray dogs get peppered, they need to look for some place else to take a potty break.
The old bb gun will raise a welt.
I aim for ribs just behind the front legs back to hind quarters.

If a mean dog comes onto the property to savage on my dogs I break out the spring piston air rifle and embed a pellet in the loose bullies hide.

Registered
We live in a fairly new development and early on we had a problem with bobcats getting into back yards, etc. They never really bothered anybody (just the local rabbit population) but some folks have small dogs and cats and were worried about them getting attacked by a bobcat. There were a few postings on the "Nextdoor" neighborhood blog. I posted about popping the bobcats in the butt with a BB gun so they would be hesitant to jump my fence again. Man! You'da though I advocated clubbing harp seals and skinning Fluffy alive. These people went nutso about how terrible a person I was! Numerous postings about my inhuman brutal tactics. Yikes! I told them all they could pound sand and I'd pop anything in the butt with my BB gun if he jumped over my fence. After a few idle threats directed towards me I casually mentioned that I would also protect myself and family aided by Mssrs. Smith, Wesson, Ruger, and Mossberg. They quieted down after that and I haven't heard from them since. I also stopped reading this "Nextdoor" blog thing. Bunch of neurotic busybodies telling others how to live and posting every time they took a dump.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts