Daisy
Walmart # 572006309
$43.67$43.67

12345678910Qty:
Add

·
Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler
36,511 Posts
The Daisy BB guns aren't like they used to be. Plastic replaces some metal parts from the older guns.
Still, the newer Red Ryder is a fun little gun. Price has sure skyrocketed though.

·
Registered
5,366 Posts
Guess these old classics hang on. One would almost think our old BB guns from the 50s-60s would be outclassed by these newer super powered models. They do make economical sense and offer some power for a first training air rifle. Glad mine still works after all these years. 58 years for a gun that costs $9.95 ain't bad!

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
I like the lines of the daisy buck.
No frills.
The leveraction repeater is best, usually can nail a stray a couple times before they make it out of the yard.

Kotzebue over the years had a few dog attacks, back in 1990's a pack would stalk kids after school, another time a pair of rotweilers had a couple elementey girls hiding on someones front porch to keep feom getting bitten, then we had a 5yro boy killed by a dog.
Then the city went heavy handed.
All dogs must be secured, fenced or chained or confined in some way, dogs are never set loose.
Must be under your control (by leash)
So when some pooch runs off to crap in my yard they get a welt for their trouble.

A loose dog is a dead dog.

Kotzebue dog catcher puts down over 300 dogs a year.
One year 364 dogs.

Educated dogs know to scram just by shaking the bb gun.
Those that dont get a welt.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I like the lines of the daisy buck.
No frills.
The leveraction repeater is best, usually can nail a stray a couple times before they make it out of the yard.

Kotzebue over the years had a few dog attacks, back in 1990's a pack would stalk kids after school, another time a pair of rotweilers had a couple elementey girls hiding on someones front porch to keep feom getting bitten, then we had a 5yro boy killed by a dog.
Then the city went heavy handed.
All dogs must be secured, fenced or chained or confined in some way, dogs are never set loose.
Must be under your control (by leash)
So when some pooch runs off to crap in my yard they get a welt for their trouble.

A loose dog is a dead dog.

Kotzebue dog catcher puts down over 300 dogs a year.
One year 364 dogs.

Educated dogs know to scram just by shaking the bb gun.
Those that dont get a welt.
Kotzebue? Dated a girl from Kotzebue. Nice girl. Liked her a lot. (Did I already post this?)

·
Premium Member
24,844 Posts
Well I went browsing the BB guns and air rifles n a big gun store today since NRAJOE piqued my interest with this thread. Of the varieties that they had in stock the one that I almost bought was a 22 caliber scoped "Diana Two Fifty". It's a new brand for them that they just got in stock. No I didn't buy it, but at some point I might. I think their price tag said $139.95. I think the scope was a 4x32 but I don't remember the brand.
Here's a video of it...

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Came close to buying the Ruger Air hawk at Walmart yesterday.....

·
Gun Toting Boeing Driver
20,945 Posts
We live in a fairly new development and early on we had a problem with bobcats getting into back yards, etc. They never really bothered anybody (just the local rabbit population) but some folks have small dogs and cats and were worried about them getting attacked by a bobcat. There were a few postings on the "Nextdoor" neighborhood blog. I posted about popping the bobcats in the butt with a BB gun so they would be hesitant to jump my fence again. Man! You'da though I advocated clubbing harp seals and skinning Fluffy alive. These people went nutso about how terrible a person I was! Numerous postings about my inhuman brutal tactics. Yikes! I told them all they could pound sand and I'd pop anything in the butt with my BB gun if he jumped over my fence. After a few idle threats directed towards me I casually mentioned that I would also protect myself and family aided by Mssrs. Smith, Wesson, Ruger, and Mossberg. They quieted down after that and I haven't heard from them since. I also stopped reading this "Nextdoor" blog thing. Bunch of neurotic busybodies telling others how to live and posting every time they took a dump.
Yeah....hate Nextdoor.....
Yup.

I tried it for a little bit but found it full of leftist whiners. Some idiot was describing how to rescue and feed coyotes and how they were so cute while some others were lamenting as to how fluffy had disappeared. I figured I’d just quietly disappear the coyotes and then more fluffys would be safe.

So I figured it not worth my time and fairly quickly abandoned it. Some people just don’t think straight and it’s not worth my time or effort to argue with them.

·
YOU TALKIN' TO ME!?
21,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Right on bro.....

21 - 32 of 32 Posts