For the lectricians

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by jerry, Sep 23, 2020.

1. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
  2. FN FAL

FN FAL NOT a new member Forum Contributor

that diagram is missing at least a couple deealybobs

ChaZam, Jaison, jerry and 2 others like this.

3. Huey Rider

Huey Rider G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Looks like the electrical system diagram for the P-3 Orion!

ChaZam, Jaison, jwrauch and 3 others like this.
  4. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

I do not think true north works that close to a coil. And the square root of 2 volts is really just not going to become 120v going through that whatever. I guess we could connect a quadrilateral with three known resistances and applying a voltage between a pair of opposite corners and find out.

But the real question is, where is the switch to turn it on?

ChaZam, rando, Jaison and 4 others like this.
  5. 455rocket

455rocket G&G Evangelist

It's missing the Flux capacitor.

Jim Rau, ChaZam, TXplt and 7 others like this.
  6. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

Not to mention at least 3 thingamabobs and a 1,000 gigahertz zapper.

455rocket, TXplt, jerry and 4 others like this.
  7. FortyXDM

FortyXDM G&G Evangelist Staff Member

Da, Diz is dee vahtonohmerampenzinger voltenblingerenresistenmeter. You can understand eet by turning zee diaghrahmshneider 190 degrees readen buttom flug botemzee to topzee and leftunwilder to rightenside.

455rocket, ChaZam, TXplt and 7 others like this.
  8. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

JA, is makensensen now

455rocket, ChaZam, TXplt and 6 others like this.
  9. Nodpete

Nodpete G&G Evangelist

IL.
    I think I worked on this installation right behind this guy, it looks familiar ! Seriously, every once in awhile you come across someone who does work like this. I wish I had taken pictures of some of them when I was working. You 'sparkies' know what I'm talking about.

455rocket, ChaZam, TXplt and 5 others like this.
  10. jwrauch

jwrauch G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

It's missing the plumbers helper microphone diaphragm aka Electo-voice SP15trxabcdefg+++qrxtuv !!!Therefore distortion will be over 1000% and dangerous to your health and sanity !!!

455rocket, ChaZam, TXplt and 4 others like this.
  11. FortyXDM

DA DA...Notten my owna worken....Einensteiner used theez tenchniquenstyle.

ChaZam, blue fox, jerry and 2 others like this.
  12. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Now I know why the lights went in the middle of the Super Bowl game a few years ago. **** Engineers.

455rocket, ChaZam, TXplt and 5 others like this.
  13. jerry

jerry Since 03-15- 2002 Forum Contributor

USA
    If you’ve ever drawn a circuit on the back of a bar napkin, you might be a lectrician

Sent from my iPhone using Gun and Game

455rocket, ChaZam, TXplt and 6 others like this.
  14. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    Jerry I drawn many a Diagram on paper towels. Usually in a building far away from writing pads or memo pads. Also made many on a piece of cardboard box I tore off.

ChaZam, TXplt, Jaison and 1 other person like this.
  15. redcaddy51

redcaddy51 G&G Evangelist

Remember, Murphy was an optimist.
    The glass is always wet.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    To err is human. To really screw things up requires a computer.
    To render any task impossible takes a two year engineering study, 6 signoffs and a legal opinion.

RED

16. FortyXDM

I have several electrician friends. I honestly think that every one of them believes that drawing a diagram on a bar napkins clarifies it immediately.

jwrauch, ChaZam, TXplt and 2 others like this.
  17. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Used to carry a schematic of a simple NO/NC circuit in the wallet. Drew it on a piece of cardboard from a contactor box. Kept it to remind me of what I didn't know starting out and to give the young guys a break.

Nodpete, 455rocket, jwrauch and 2 others like this.
  18. blue fox

blue fox G&G Evangelist

And a know it all engineer straight out of school.

19. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

It spawns this question from me; "what's the difference between an orange"? ;):p:D

jwrauch and Ranger4 like this.
  20. Ranger4

Ranger4 G&G Evangelist

So, lets take a candid look at the leaders of this country the next few years. A sizeable subset of them are the folks who show up at the BLM led parades, notice I did not say protests. Not to suggest they lack in intelligence, but just a query.

So, how many BLM protesters can draw a basic circuit? You know a wire with a battery on one end and a resister or bulb and then back to the other side of the battery. How many know the difference between parallel and series and how does that effect voltage?

So, if any get beyond that, then how many can tell you the power of a coulomb... is equal to 6.28 x 10 to the 18th power (billion, billion) electrons. For example, if an object gains one coulomb of negative charge, it has gained 6,280,000,000,000,000,000 extra electrons. Now ask them how big an electron is.

All you lectricians know it is too small to see, all you engineers know it is not round, or not proven to be, and all the BLM people would think maybe you could take a picture and then zoom it on your phone so you could see it. Now ask them what color it is to the human eye visible spectrum. Whuuuttt?

Now just exactly what jobs do they have now and what value is that to society? I would really like to know how many work and what they do. All work is honorable but I am just curious.

ChaZam likes this.