close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

For those who give to the American Red Cross....

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Big Dog, Sep 13, 2017.

1. I'll donate blood. That they don't sell.

Johnny_Revolver and PAPA G like this.

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

OBOLA strikes again!!! the Red Cross is just following his "will"! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

jwrauch and Ten Man like this.
  3. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Evangelist

CO
    The red cross might actually sell your blood. They just don't profit from the sale, or at least they say they don't. The blood sells for what it costs to collect and process.

870shooter1, jwrauch and PAPA G like this.
  4. If that's the case, I don't much mind. They do need to pay for the supplies to collect it.

BaserRonin and PAPA G like this.
  5. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

6. Huh? What?

Huh? What? G&G Evangelist

I haven't given a dime to the Red Cross since the last time they got caught spending donated money on parties, etc.

7. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

information

https://en.m.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13603

Executive Order 13603 of March 16, 2012

National Defense Resources Preparedness

By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and the laws of the United States of America, including the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (50 U.S.C. App. 2061 et seq.), and section 301 of title 3, United States Code, and as Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States, it is hereby ordered as follows:

PART I — PURPOSE, POLICY, AND IMPLEMENTATION
    Sec. 101. Purpose. 
    This order delegates authorities and addresses national defense resource policies and programs under the Defense Production Act of 1950, as amended (the “Act”).

Sec. 102. Policy. 
    The United States must have an industrial and technological base capable of meeting national defense requirements and capable of contributing to the technological superiority of its national defense equipment in peacetime and in times of national emergency. The domestic industrial and technological base is the foundation for national defense preparedness. The authorities provided in the Act shall be used to strengthen this base and to ensure it is capable of responding to the national defense needs of the United States.

PAPA G likes this.
  8. Huh? What?

Ok, what does this have to do with the Red Cross stealing and misappropriating funds, or am I missing something?

870shooter1 and PAPA G like this.
  9. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

Huh? What?: Sir, the executive order! Supposedly giving Red Cross the rights

Report: Red Cross Was Stealing from Church Doorsteps to Redistribute or Sell Items for Profit? (VIDEO)
    September 12, 2017 by Jim Hoft 128 Comments
    In March 2012 Barack Obama signed Executive Order 13603. The order provides the framework and authority for the allocation or appropriation of resources, materials, and services to promote national defense.

chesterwin likes this.
  10. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

I don't get it. The E.O. is all about national defense supplies. Nothing about an international organization.

PAPA G likes this.
  11. Huh? What?

For the government. Once more, that has what to do with the Red Cross, which is not a part of the government?

870shooter1 and PAPA G like this.
  12. I don't donate to charity. My middle son went to a special school, they accept donations but it'd go towards a project they had, some kind of upgrade that benefited kids.

I'll go with things like that.

We have these people here who work the local malls, right in the main walk way pan handling for charity's.

Part of your donated dollar goes to paying them, and admin, some shiney arsed ******* driving a BMW who is the CEO lives off that dollar.

I can project a certain image, you know the look you have when you are getting dog crap off your shoe? Mostly they see that and turn to someone else.

Occasionally one will give me that HI! How are yooooooou!? I just keep walking silently. My youngest son has people skills and if he's with me he'll politely fend them off.

If they persist I swear at them.

13. When these collecters say they do not accept cash
    but will accept a cheque, Beware!
    They can somehow get access to your account and
    draw regular ammounts from your bank.
    Believe me it happened to my wife.
    She had to go to the bank to put a stop to that.
    No problem they said,but Mary insisted on her
    account being completely changed to ensure it
    would not happen again.:(

14. Wicked109

Wicked109 G&G Evangelist

The Salvation Army gets my support and donations.

jwrauch, PAPA G, Bvhawk and 4 others like this.
  15. I shop at my local thrift store, which benefits the community, donate to 2 specific animal rescues, both of which I'm a member of so I know how the money gets spent and Code 3 Associates. They do large animal rescue.

16. BaserRonin

BaserRonin G&G Evangelist

CO
    The local Humane Society, National Mill Dog Rescue, and A Home for Every Horse are good animal organizations. The fire dept and the Salvation Army appear to be good choices for people base organizations.

I sometimes donate to the local shelter too, but I'm conflicted on that one currently because of all the bums, beggars, and vagrants legalized marijuana brought in. I don't care much for the thought of paying to feed the out of work pot-heads, as opposed to those just down on their luck or those who aren't capable of taking care of themselves. The pot heads that came in are mostly just stupid dirty hippies too belligerent to get a job.

PAPA G, Wicked109, shanebrews and 2 others like this.
  17. 870shooter1

870shooter1 G&G Evangelist

Tucson
    We donate to the 3rd largest relief organization in the country.

During Harvey, they served 90% of ALL hot meals distibuted.

Their President, collects annual salary of 0 dollars.

One of the member has designed and manufactured a water filtration system that uses 2 buckets and gravity, and is donated to the agency. Cost to make the filter itself, 12 dollars each.

They have equipment posted up nationwide and are usually on site and staged well within 24 hrs.

This equipment includes shower and toilet units, mobile kitchens, water filtration and ionization units, and communication units.

With that over view, which agency is this?

The Southern Baptist Disaster Relief teams. ALL members are volunteers and the organization is a branch of the North American Mission Board.

All funds donated go directly to the relief of the residents of a given disaster, or whatever equipment is needed to aid in that relief.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017 at 2:03 AM
  18. grizcty

grizcty God, Guns, Glory Forum Contributor

Mine too, along with Samaritan's Purse. †

19. The two animal rescues I donate to are Phoenix Landing, which is a multi state parrot rescue, rehabilitation, rehome, and education group that I foster birds from and have adopted from, Carolinas Border Collie Rescue that I foster, pull dogs from shelters, do home evaluations for and do transport runs with.

Code 3 Associates goes in to areas like Florida and Texas that have suffered disasters to rescue large animals, train LE, animal control and other rescue groups how to safely rescue large animals. Having had horses for years I know how important that work can be.

PAPA G and Big Dog like this.