Forget Florida: More Northern Retirees Head to Appalachia

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by PAPA G, May 15, 2018.

1. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

2. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Good, we Floridians appreciate the reduction in population pressure!

blaster, PAPA G and Jaison like this.

3. Jaison

Jaison G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Out
    Ain't it the truth...

Talk about not assimilating.:(

PAPA G likes this.
  4. Pronsias

Pronsias G&G Evangelist

NV
    Better weather, too.

5. rockman7

rockman7 G&G Evangelist

Nothin better than having a bunch of Yankees build multimillion dollar homes on the banks of a super trout stream then yell at you if you tie off on a overhanging tree limb that’s “on their property “

Lower taccoa river..... for literally 5 miles on either side is all private owned homes and/or owned by outfitters . You can float it from TVA dam but can’t get out to even ****(which I have done standing up right in the boat in front of anyone).

Best trout river in the southeast with 14-21” browns not uncommon

rando and PAPA G like this.
  6. Sav .250

Sav .250 G&G Evangelist

I think we need a Border Wall between Fl and Ga. :usa2:

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    cjleete, blaster and PAPA G like this.
  7. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle Of Rum Forum Contributor

I may wall in Tennessee and have people take an intelligence test before entering:D Have to pass the test with 100% or no pass thru the gates:D

Of course to simplify, you could have them take the test before leaving the state they came from:D

cjleete and PAPA G like this.
  8. TNPIRATE

TNPIRATE Yo Ho Ho And A Bottle Of Rum Forum Contributor

DAM I would love to see a 21" trout down here. Even a 14" trout:D
    Here in Tennessee there's a catch limit of 7 per day. But no size limit.
    Hell Tennessee raised the price of the fishin license and now I can't afford one after the bills are paid.
    I can get an Alabama non resident license for the same price as a Tennessee resident license.
    I am on disability and the disability license is 10 bucks. But the disability requirements are, must be in a wheel chair, blind, incompetent, or disabled Vet.
    Since I have been here I have never seen a blind person fishing, And one person in a wheel chair fishing off a dock. There is not that many docks on the lake, and non on the river.
    Time to write a letter to the governor. It's like everything else the rich get hold of. Make it nonexistent for the common man.

And yes I have stood up in the boat to pizz. Kinda freaky in a narrow Johnboat:D

rando and PAPA G like this.
  9. Big Dog

Why? All the problems are in SOUTH Florida, not up here.

PAPA G likes this.
  10. Rex in OTZ

Rex in OTZ G&G Evangelist

Prime example of rich snobs ruining it for the locals.
    Vail, Colorado!

11. Ten Man

Ten Man G&G Evangelist

I tried to tell my wife it was a bad idea to go there, since everyone else is going there. She never listens to me.

rando, K75RT and PAPA G like this.
  12. Big Dog

I don't mind good conservative folks moving here, but we get too danged many liberals that want to get away from the problems of their home areas, by bringing those problems here!

Ten Man, Jaison, PAPA G and 2 others like this.
  13. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

I'm glad they found a better place than Fla. because its real hot down here and there are lots of skeeters, roaches, snakes,gators,crocs,sharks,bears,panthers and a myriad for other biting & stinging things. I almost forgot, hurricanes & forest fires too.:eek: and restless natives too:D

Ten Man, Jaison and PAPA G like this.