Former Mayor of Baltimore Sentenced to 3 Years in Prison

Discussion in 'Political/Religious Topics' started by Cyrano, May 27, 2020.

1. Cyrano

Cyrano Resident Curmudgeon Forum Contributor

New York
    jwrauch, Rave, goat roper and 7 others like this.
  2. cjleete

cjleete G&G Evangelist

Long overdue.

jwrauch, ChaZam, neophyte and 2 others like this.

3. rando

rando G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Maryland
    I believe she was convicted awhile back. She was caught on a few different illegal activities. I remember the book deal she was doing. This is Baltimore City for you. Every Mayor the people elect is a crook and thief. This is what the people in the city want. How do you expect the people to not break the laws when their leaders are committing crimes and basically stealing large sums of money. I have been saying for years that they need to get an outside to run that corrupt city. Someone with no roots or relatives there. Its the same crap every election. The people in the county around it are tired of the city mentality and corrupt politician's. Also the same crap with the police commissioner's. I thought the Mayor was to already have checked into a prison down near Texas?

ChaZam, neophyte and TXplt like this.
  4. TACAV

TACAV G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

lol look at the last 3 mayors of Baltimore...

Sheila Dixon (Democrat) had to resign after she was found guilty of corruption and fraud charges.

She was replaced with Stephani Rawlings-Blake (Democrat) who was famous for the "we also gave those who wished to destroy space to do that as well" aka "stand down the police and let it burn" nonsense during the Baltimore RIots.

She was then replaced with Catherine Pugh (Democrat) who was also charged with tax evasion, corruption, conspiracy and fraud charges and found guilty and had to also resign...

She was replaced with Jack Young (another Democrat) so if his administration is like any of his last three democrat predecessors, he will either be arrested/indicted by the FBI sometime in the next couple years or leave with the city in flames.

:rolleyes:

Rave, goat roper, rando and 5 others like this.
  5. blaster

blaster G&G Evangelist

thats a start. I want to see more crooked politicians actually locked up.

Cyrano, ChaZam, Rocky7 and 1 other person like this.
  6. neophyte

neophyte Wonderment :) Forum Contributor

,Cyrano: Sir; imagine. These scum-bags. Are elected "leaders"
    Emphasizing elected

https://thefederalist.com/2019/05/03/baltimore-mayor-third-row-leave-office-disgrace/

[​IMG]

Baltimore Mayor Third In A Row To Leave Office In Disgrace

MAY 3, 2019 By Ellie Bufkin
    On Thursday, Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh resigned after a month of scandal that culminated with an FBI and IRS seizure of dozens of boxes of documents last week. Pugh’s second career as a children’s book author of future classics like “Healthy Holly: Fruits Come in Colors Like a Rainbow” and “Exercising Is Fun” became the subject of much controversy when she began to collect huge sums for her works.

Pugh’s shady financial practices date back to years before her time as mayor, but as the sources of revenue from her book sales became known in early 2019, the evidence of her misdeeds became impossible to ignore. In March, The Baltimore Sun broke the story about Pugh’s possibly inappropriate collection of payments from Kaiser Permanente and Associated Black Charities. Kaiser Permanente was vying for a lucrative contract to insure Baltimore City employees at the time they purchased $115,000 worth of children’s books authored by Pugh. Associated Black Charities collected funds from multiple other sources to buy $80,000 worth of the books.

Huey Rider, rando and ChaZam like this.
  7. PaleHawkDown

PaleHawkDown G&G Evangelist

I would love to see a breakdown of the number of Democrats who have engaged in these activities versus Republicans.

Robert Highhawk, blaster and ChaZam like this.
  8. neophyte

9. neophyte

more from the previous article

When Sen. Ted Cruz declared that the majority of criminals are Democrats, it was a masterful stroke.

The media is going crazy over the declaration, claiming it’s outrageous.

On Hugh Hewitt’s radio show Monday, Cruz said that the Planned Parenthood shooting has really displayed the ugly underbelly of the media.

You know, every time you have some sort of violent crime or mass killing, you can almost see the media salivating, hoping, hoping, desperately that the murderer happens to be a Republican so they can use it to try to paint their political enemies.

“Now listen, here’s the simple and undeniable fact. The overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats,” insisted Cruz.

10. ChaZam

ChaZam G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Ted is probably correct in most cases...

11. neophyte

information: State by state. Worthy reading

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_state_and_local_politicians_convicted_of_crimes

List of American state and local politicians convicted of crimes

This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
    This list includes American politicians at the state and local levels who have been convicted of felony or misdemeanor crimes committed while in office.

At the bottom of the article are links to related articles which deal with politicians who are involved in federal scandals (political and sexual), as well as differentiating among federal, state and local convictions. Also excluded are crimes which occur outside the politician's tenure in office unless they specifically stem from acts during his time of service.

Entries are arranged by date, from most current to less recent, and by state

ChaZam likes this.
  12. animalspooker

animalspooker G&G Evangelist

I wish Ted had not come up at the same time Trump did. I would vote for him for president. Maybe I'll get another chance....2028???

13. rando

Maryland
    TACAV it will not change unless they get an outsider in there with no ties. Someone that knows how to clean the garbage up in the city. You see the pattern there in the Mayors dont you. I will leave it at that

TACAV and neophyte like this.
  14. Kellen

Kellen G&G Evangelist

Corruption in cities has always been rampant. Main reason is that local government controls land development and permitting, so the opportunities for bribery are ever-present. Tammany Hall is a famous old example of local corruption. Portland certainly has its corrupt history. Only the county can control bridges across the local river, Willamette, per state law when the City of Portland proved so corrupt that the legislature took away its ability to run bridges. Likewise, in the late 1940s Portland elected its first female mayor, Dorothy McCullough Lee, due to the corrupt city politicians being in bed with the mafia. She ran on a "clean up Portland" platform and, amazingly, actually did the job she said she'd do. She was a Republican, by the way.

Cyrano, goat roper and neophyte like this.
  15. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

Yep, corruption is always a lart of politics. There is no such thing as an "honest politician". All need to have done some dishonest things to get anywhere. Even at the local level. The higher they rise, the more egregious their crimes. That Baltimore exmayor will get out early on "good behavior", and likely continue her sordid political career. She'll set her sights higher, and the dumbocrat sheeple will vote for her.

neophyte likes this.
  16. Coach

Coach G&G Evangelist

NYS
    This POS should be hung out to dry.

Cyrano and neophyte like this.
  17. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

Was sent to a Mississippi branch to work a week & ran into some really weird liquor laws. Of course, lots of stories about moon shining.:)

One was about a man that ran for sheriff on a "clean up the county" platform & won. He proceeded to do as promised & the illegal whiskey trade went away in that county. They had a "no consecutive term" law, so he couldn't run for reelection.

He had to go on welfare because economy was bad & jobs hard to find. In 4 years, when he was eligible to run again, he was reelected in a landslide because he'd done such a good job the first time. First thing he did was buy a new expensive home & finance it for 4 years. Then he opened the county up for moonshine & a % of the profits. He was heard to say, I ain't gonna starve the next 4 years!:p

neophyte and Big Dog like this.
  18. rando

Maryland
    TACAV as I recall Sheila Dixon that was convicted ended up getting her pension I believe? Also she is able to run for office again and planning on it I heard. She should have gone to jail and no pension ever and never aloud to vote or run for office again.

Cyrano, TACAV and neophyte like this.
  19. mitchr

mitchr G&G Evangelist

That kinda punishment is only for us peons!:rolleyes:

20. Kellen

Kellen G&G Evangelist

Yeah, that's the galling part. Though proven crooked they still get to keep their perks. Back around 2013 or so we had a City of Portland manager caught red-handed by FBI taking bribes and free Caribbean vacations from a parking meter company. Convicted and went to prison. But.... kept his PERS. That sure sat well with the rest of us....

neophyte likes this.