Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favorite rifles I thought I would share with you guys. I was fortunate enough to come across this and had to have it. Being from ohio I love the history of my state and when I take this gun in the field wonder if I am re-entering a section of woods this gun has already been.if anyone out there has a Vantrees they want to part let me know!
Handwriting Font Material property Rectangle Paper
Wood Creative arts Linens Electric blue Sleeve

Door Fixture Wood Household hardware Gas

Wood Cup Wood stain Automotive exterior Publication

Wood Bicycle part Line Natural material Shotgun

Wood Longbow Door Religious item Bicycle fork

Door Wood Interior design Wall Flooring

Handwriting Font Material property Writing Thumb

Black Font Book Handwriting Material property

Handwriting Font Writing Paper Paper product

· Registered
1,797 Posts
One of my favorite rifles I thought I would share with you guys. I was fortunate enough to come across this and had to have it. Being from ohio I love the history of my state and when I take this gun in the field wonder if I am re-entering a section of woods this gun has already been.if anyone out there has a Vantrees they want to part let me know
That's a very beautiful heirloom and something to cherish for sure. I'm only 30-40 miles from Ft Recovery and have family from Shelby County who came there from western Europe. It's very interesting to hear some of the stories and history of our area.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's a lovely caplock Hawken-style rifle.
That's a very beautiful heirloom and something to cherish for sure. I'm only 30-40 miles from Ft Recovery and have family from Shelby County who came there from western Europe. It's very interesting to hear some of the stories and history of our area.
You can go down a rabbit hole on google searching the history it is very cool. There is a book "The stores of early Ohio" its a recreation of the book "Stories of Ohio" by William Dean Howells which he wrote in 1897 its pretty cheap and it is a neat read. It's all early Ohio territory ,Indians and settler. If you get a chance check it out!

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Over time firearms have a way of getting worn, trashed, or they move out of the area completely.
It could have crossed a dozzen gunshow tables as most do.

To have a firearm stay in the Ohio area all this time beats the odds.
When I got it, it was in Pennsylvania. Hard telling where it has been.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.