close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Found a 91/30

Discussion in 'The Powder Keg' started by Klaus, May 9, 2002.

1. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I came across an arsenal refurbished 91/30 in a store today. The rifle was stamped 1942 and looked like it was brand new. It comes with a bayonet, sling, and some kind of ammo pouches. He is asking $175 (real dollars, not Canadian). I am very tempted. Is this a good price?
    PS: I already have a M44, so I don't really need another Mosin.

2. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

don't really need another mosin!!!! bite your tongue!!!!! theres always a need for another!!!! so get it probably is a fair price:D :nod:

3. Dennis

Dennis G&G Evangelist

Texas
    Klaus Try to talk em down a bit then go for it.
    You wont believe the accuracy.

4. Big Dog

Big Dog Retired IT Dinosaur Wrangler Forum Contributor

The price is a bit high compared to dealers catalogs, but consistent with gunshow and gunshop prices, especially with the toys thrown in. You'll enjoy it. It don't kick as bad as the M44, and is far more accurate. If collecting Mosins is a disease, I don't want the cure! Have fun. :assult:

5. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

Hehe, knew the PS would bug some of you.

6. PAPA G

PAPA G G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

i ordered my refurb with all the accessories for $128+$12 S&H+$25 transfer fee. and a lot of worry about what might come. so $175 sounds right and you may talk the guy down on the price. and you get to inspect it first its hell wondering what the warehouse pick up for you!!! by the way whats that on your head???:assult:

7. Klaus

Klaus G&G Newbie

I could not find my original digital photo. This photo had been slightly doctored. A wise guy at work put a turban on my head.

8. Hmmmm, $175 for a Mosin that is that clean AND that you can hand select? Thats sounds pretty fair if its true!

Now what was that remark about "not needing" another Mosin? Dont make me hurt you Klaus! Lets just pretend we didnt hear you say that!

9. Klaus,

If I can get the digital camera I will try to get a picture posted, I just today received a 91/30 with all the accessories. It was $128 + $10 S&H and looked really good out of the box. It is arsenal refurbished with the date 1935, the box is still in my car as we speak along with a laminate stock M-44 which came in at the same time. It seems like he could come down on the price some I keep seeing these advertised at about the price I mentioned.