Found a beauty!

Discussion in 'Remington' started by Bigfoot, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot G&G Evangelist Forum Contributor

Afton NY
    Last night i stopped at an old man's house to say hi. He has a great collection of old rifles, but is not ready to sell any yet. I was shooting the breeze with him as i have many times before, always trying to pry one loose from him. He stated it is just too hard to part with them until he knows he has to . He stated that he might let go of a shotgun he bought new when very young, he is a battle of the buldge veteran, so he has some real vintage muskets, and carbines i am drueling for, but had never asked about a shotgun---duuuh. He doesn't get around too well, and asked me to look downstairs in a closet, and i would find the shotgun he thought. The gun was a like brand new Model 11 Remington / Browning 20ga semi auto. This gun was dusty but looked absolutely unused, absolutely original. I just about flipped because i have a 16ga sportsman, (in bad shape), and always wanted a mate to it. I took the gun up to him and asked the million dollar question how much? He said would you go 250? I did. This thing is too nice to even shoot, but i've got to try it. looked it up 1922 manufacture i think, not shure yet. Not trying to brag, i'm just ssoooo excited to find one in this shape/ price.

2. BigElkCanoe

BigElkCanoe G&G Addict Forum Contributor

Gotta post some pics if'n yer gonna,,, not gonna brag.

3. Bigfoot

Afton NY
    I've gotta learn how to do that . I know how to use the camera, and load into computer, but gotta figure out the rest. I intend to master that soon.

4. gandog56

gandog56 G&G Evangelist

Easiest way is to just get a free Photobucket account, and download the picture straight from your hard drive.

Or does that make it an upload, instead?

5. BigElkCanoe

BigElkCanoe G&G Addict Forum Contributor

I just put the photos in my pictures, reply in advanced mode, hit the browse button and select the picture and push the upload and shazam
    there it is.

6. .22guy

.22guy G&G Enthusiast

Pics or it didn't happen! :)

7. rondog

rondog G&G Evangelist

Congrats on the score! As they say, "the ice is broken now", so maybe he'll offer more goodies to you. The man knows he can't take them with him, and if he has nobody else to leave them to, perhaps he'll come to believe you'll give them a good home.

I'd rather sell my guns to somebody that would appreciate and use them, than leave them to a relative that will just pawn them for the first cash offer.

8. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

I totally agree with Rondog !! Congrats on the new scattergun !!

9. big shrek

big shrek G&G Evangelist

What?? Are you kidding me???

You can UPLOAD DIRECTLY TO GUN AND GAME!!!
    :chairshot:

Hit the USER CP button.
    Make an Album in the Albums & Pictures section.
    Hit the Upload Pics button...
    Geesh.

10. Bigfoot

Afton NY
    Shrek, user cp button? please explain this whole operation in baby steps for me, from start to finish. Bear with my stupidity with computers please.

11. SwedeSteve

SwedeSteve Freedom Zealot Forum Contributor

There is several ways to upload pics here.