Gun and Game Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I brought up the idea of woodburning stocks to this lady who works in my office and she has been doing woodburning for years and was really interested in doing it if anyone were interested. If anyone has a stock they want to donate for a trial run that'd be awesome. Her husband is a graphic design artist, I figured we could put up some designs and have you guys vote on which one you like best. After that, I know she wants to have some artistic business she could do in her off time and this would definitely fit her bill. So let me know what you guys think, pm me and post your ideas/design thoughts.

savy

·
Registered
384 Posts
I would send her my stock. Would she charge for it if she's just trying to learn. I would strip it and all for her. I think a nice deer or something would look neat, I primarily use mine for hunting so it would be fitting. Find out what you can and report back about prices and such.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sent you her email so you guys can figure out the design and pricing. She's a really awesome lady and will do a great job for ya.

savy

·
Registered
14,134 Posts
Something you need to think about, different kinds of wood will burn differently. Some woods have more oil in them and no matter how good you are, your designs will look like crap. If you want an idea of some woodburning ideas, Google pyrography. Good enough woodburners can do realistic portraits, etc.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
She has been an artist for a long time and already has done this kind of thing for her brother before. I've seen examples of her work before and it's amazing.

·
Registered
36,568 Posts
But it's too much like a tattoo, which I won't get because you can't really take it off later.

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
i had a wood burning set as a kid, i did not know it was still being done:147:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts