Gun and Game Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently demolished our home in Ontario, Canada and found the barrel of this rifle sticking up in the pile of rubble. The gun has been damaged by rust as well as more badly damaged by the equipment use to demolish the home, both the stock and the metal. It has a leather strap, brass shoulder butt and flip up rear sites with tall front site. Hoping to get any info on it if possible. The number looks to read No4 MKHF1FTP but is difficult to say for sure. It also looks like there was a number or something below that number at one time, as looks like something has been scratched out. The top side of the barrel above where the lettering is, also has a 1925 so am thinking that is the year. From what I was able to find online, it looks like there may also be more identifying information scratched off as this gun does not have it, but looks like it has been marked/scratched off in the area it is supposed to be found. The brass butt end opens and there is a hole in there but nothing stored inside of it. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide on this rifle. Also wondering what it may be worth, even being in as bad a shape as it is and with the missing info.

I would like to post photos from my phone but when I tried logging in, I got a 1020 error message that disallowed me to access the forum from my phone. It said to send a screen capture of the error message to the site owner, but without being able to access it, have no way to do it. Thank you.
Musical instrument Wood Plant String instrument Plucked string instruments
Wood Musical instrument Art Grass Natural material

Open photo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that informative post. :) So is there any way of distinguishing markings that will signify when it was made? I also found a couple more things on it, upon closer inspection. One is R7 and the other says SURREY

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Not sure if sales are allowed on this forum, so if not, please delete. I couldn't find anything about it. Anyway, if you are interested in buying, I'd be interested in selling.

Brit 303s are my bowl of rice. I would love to get my hands on one like that to put it back into military configuration. Theres lot of sites that have parts for one. Like Sarco and Numrich gun parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh, OK. Thanks for that information. I wasn't sure since it is "inoperable". When we found it, I asked the police if we needed to register it or do anything with it, but they told me since it was inoperable, we didn't have to. I guess maybe I had hoped the same would apply for crossing the border. Thanks again.

shipping guns internationally is very hard to do for people not in the business.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts